Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Trimoon tutorials...

Old 02-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Thumbs down Jc...

Thank you - I would recommend the cds to everyone, only had the cd since monday...

I did another picture last night its abit addictive isn't it, i made an oil picture its good my friend was impressed, will add these to my portfolio and maybe put them on art paper.

Thumbs up for this forum its one of the best i have come across in 5 years of being online.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
I just recently bought some canvas paper and was hugely impressed after printing a couple of projects. Then hugely disappointed because the paper is now jamming....aaaaargh!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2005, 04:50 PM
This is very nice! I like it a lot and think that it would look nice printed out on some nice textured art paper, depending on your printer. have an Epson 2200 that I print on art paper straight from the art store and they look marvelous. As for the time involved, I can only attribute that to your diligence. For me, I'm not trying to follow a tutorial and my work has become intuitive. It's hard to look at an image and decide which way to go. Some aren't suitable for a pencil sketch whereas some demand to be a watercolor. After a while, it becomes second nature. I donk't like to sit down and be forced to go in a particular direction but sometimes I have to do so. I prefer to let the image take me in the right direction.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2005, 05:54 AM
Hi Steve

Thank you...I err change the picture alittle more, enhanced it! And i re-did the oil painting and cooled down the texture, i don't have a printer, i am taking my picture on a media card to asda walmart they print pictures from media cards.

I understand about the tutorial per picture look, as i did the pencil one in colour too but i prefered the black and white look better.

Thanks again

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art