RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Creative Interpretations: Two by Two Leopards

Old 02-21-2005, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neve
Is that your pencil brush again Jaykita, excellent result.
Thanks, philbach, swampy, Neve!
No Neve, it a different one. I'm creating a few pencil brushes right now, my latest craze! I love sketches!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2005, 05:36 PM

Photoshop 7 cannot tell you how this was done got took away with the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Two by Two Leopards.jpg (70.1 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2005, 09:26 PM

Painted Leopards

Painter 8.1

Cloned...

Acrylics/Dry Brush - larger size all over both leopards.
Cloners/Wet Oils - smaller size .........ditto.............
Acrylics/Wet Acrylic 10 - to define eyes, snout etc.
Sponges/Smeary Wet on background - 3 colours.
Surface Texture - Original Luminance.
Aim USM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Painted Leopards.jpg (94.2 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2005, 10:25 PM

Neve!!! Beautiful. Love the texture of the fur. Just beautiful!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2005, 11:29 PM

I agree, Neve that is one excellent picture.

Christine
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2005, 12:26 AM

I've taken a note of the steps myself this time.... and was keen to share the result cos it happened to work out okay. Thanks for viewing and for your kind comments.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2005, 12:28 AM

Neve, you've done a great job! I'm sure this image will print out beautifully on art paper. I like the way you treat different sections with different brushes in painter. Must try that out myself.
Btw, thanks for the encouragement which you give so generously and spontaneously to all here, just like Danny does. I'm going to miss you when you go on holiday!!! Have a great time!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2005, 12:39 AM

My goodness Jaykita...you just brought a tear to my eye. I love sharing as we all do at RP and especially now that there's a few of us learning Painter albeit slowly but surely for moi. Yep...I hop about from one lot of brushes to the other until I get a result.

Half-way packed to go but not leaving till Sunday...so enjoying my last flings at RP... and I'll miss being creative every day for a couple of weeks...however, I'll have the dig cam on hols and hopefully have some beauties to post when I get back.

P.S. Printing - I got myself some canvas paper about a month ago, I printed off two results alright and they were terrific. However, my printer doesn't like this canvas paper anymore and refuses to feed properly. But yes, and besides, they do print up very well on good quality Matte and also water color papers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2005, 02:18 AM

Neve,

We'll all miss you when your away but look forward to the pics you'll bring back and share with us.

Interested to see you got some canvas paper - is that the paper with a canvas texture? I got some real canvas which is treated on one side for inkjet printing (not cheap so have to think before I use it). Tried one picture of an orchid and the results are really amazing. There is one company in the UK that you can e-mail pictures to and they will print on canvas, stretch and block mount, but that is even more expensive £30+ for an 8 x 10 inch. The real canvas works out at about £1.66 a sheet plus the ink. I like the results on the textured paper as well better than an image texture.

Christine
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2005, 02:34 AM

Hi Christine, Interesting topic re papers. Yes, mines is coated canvas for inkjet printing and after a lot of searching settled for a batch of it from here...

http://www.theeconozone.com/Paper/ve...et-canvas.html

My problem has everything to do with my printer I'm certain and nothing to do with the above canvas coated paper. The results I got were marvellous when I did the two earlier prints. I dream of winning the lotto of course and getting an A3 printer, that way you can buy rolls of canvas...geez...what a rare thought Why should my husband paint the walls again when we can cover them with our Photo Art.

They do Glicee printing here in Oz and that's very expensive too much like the pricey one you mentioned. Interestingly, I had a visit 1/2 hour ago from a friend who has built himself (literally) a Castle locally. He spotted a Watercolour I did of a Scottish Castle and keen for me to do something similar for him. Another jaunt with my dig cam coming up and regretting I can't use my canvas paper for this upcoming project.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art