RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

A gratitude post for a great action script

Old 02-19-2005, 02:29 AM

A gratitude post for a great action script

I bounced in here about a few days ago, when doing a search trying to remember where I downloaded an action called feivalls gothic glow (one of my favorite action scripts. I noticed a thread about an action for a sketching effect, and I downloaded it and gave it a whirl, I was floored with the results one of the most well done actions I have used to date my hats off to its creator, you really did a fantastic job on this one

Here is and example of my first tinkerings with it, other than being a bit dark I thought it turned out great, I'll probably get some better results one I try a few more photos of different values.

Thanks a bunch

Ralph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black_on_WhitePSktch.jpg (95.5 KB, 46 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-19-2005, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphBenmurgia
I bounced in here about a few days ago, when doing a search trying to remember where I downloaded an action called feivalls gothic glow (one of my favorite action scripts. I noticed a thread about an action for a sketching effect, and I downloaded it and gave it a whirl, I was floored with the results one of the most well done actions I have used to date my hats off to its creator, you really did a fantastic job on this one

Here is and example of my first tinkerings with it, other than being a bit dark I thought it turned out great, I'll probably get some better results one I try a few more photos of different values.

Thanks a bunch

Ralph
Welcome, Ralph:

Glad you found Feivel's action. It's also available at www.AtnCentral.com, if you haven't action-surfed there, yet.

re: The action you used on this interpretation (very creative results I might add)
You didn't mention its name. Which one was it?

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2005, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael
Welcome, Ralph:

Glad you found Feivel's action. It's also available at www.AtnCentral.com, if you haven't action-surfed there, yet.

re: The action you used on this interpretation (very creative results I might add)
You didn't mention its name. Which one was it?

~Danny~
Sorry Danny, I did forget to put the name actually names...

This was a combination of two actions I started with the -byRo PencilSketch.atn- action, did a little polishing here and there using the conventional toolset and then I ran the Feival's gothic glow and did a little polishing again till I liked the result. The model in the image fell in love with it instantly, it since has become her favorite photo I have done of her. in answer to the other "AtnCentral" I stopped by there this morning and tried a few of the actions, my heartfelt gratitude to the people who create these, they bring so much joy and wonder into working with photographs.

Last edited by RalphBenmurgia; 02-20-2005 at 03:21 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2005, 03:43 PM

Ralph:

If you like arty actions, have you seen these?

http://www.geocities.com/kafuensis/
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art