RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Compositing Collage, montage, masking, selections, combining, etc.

Trying to put two photos together...

Old 07-01-2005, 12:17 AM

Talking Looking for help on photos

I am new at this... I'm a long time film photographer new to digital... Can anyone help me on a few photos of an old friend in Vietnam. I am trying to put two photos together...

I am willing to pay someone to do the work... The photos of me and an old friend I want them to be put together so we look like a couple in the photo... Can anyone help me?

Tom skydvflash@aol.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2005, 12:30 AM

Hi Tom, Welcome to RP.

If you post a copy of your photos, I'm sure one or two of the members here will have a go.

Principally this is a learning site, and we'll be more than happy to show you how to do it.

However, if you feel the works beyond you, some of the members do this for a living, so I'm sure one of them can quote you.

Either way, by posting the images, we can see what needs doing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2005, 12:51 AM

as gary said, post some pics if you can. do you have a scanner that you can scan your photos and post them?

i'm also a viet nam vet and have photos of my own from that time. i've done a little work on them now and again and i'd be interested in seeing what you've got. where were you stationed?

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2005, 11:14 AM

Red face Thank you so much!

I will scan and post as soon as I can get them...

I was with the POW/MIA Mission SFGA from DET K in Hawaii. Again thank you all for the help.

BY the way, where should I start to get help on learning... I just got Photoshop 7.0 today.

Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2005, 01:01 PM

There's lots of tutorials of all levels here in the Tutorial section.

Is this the first photo editor you've used, or do you have experience with others.

Photoshop is not the most intuative of programmes for a learner to use, but once you've got used to some of its quirks, it is probably the most versatile.

It really depends on what you want to do with it, that will determine what you need to learn, and what reading etc will be recommended.

But any questions, just post here. There's always someone who will be glad to help, and just remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question, the only dumb thing is not to ask.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2005, 03:53 PM

thanks, tom. and like gary says, there's lots of good stuff here. i'm sure the program also has documentation. there's also the adobe web site and other online resources like user groups that post tutorials.

i use paint shop pro, myself. as gary also said, photoshop isnt the most intuitive, but is probably the best out there. learn the tools and the work is easy.

you've hit one of the best sites on the web for this sort of thing, though. the folks here are kind and very helpful and there's some real pros here. it's almost like an academy, but with a freer format. great place and lots of 'students' willing to tackle just about anything.

also, if you really want one of the pros, post a note in the 'classifieds' area. i'm sure someone will grab ya up.

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2010, 02:18 AM

Re: Trying to put two photos together...

Want to put photos two photos together, I think you need a photo stitching program~~
you can have a try for photo collage studio, which i have used for a long time, and it always works great~~

This small and smart program can help us stitch many photos together and make into one picture. It provide many photo collage layouts, you just need drag your photos into the layout template. Different layouts decide the photo numbers you can put into!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 PM

Although it is an option, it is not necessary to use a 'photo stitching' program to bring to photos together. With a bit of talent a better job can be done in photoshop, or other similar program. I often do photo realistic type images with just photoshop.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Although it is an option, it is not necessary to use a 'photo stitching' program to bring to photos together. With a bit of talent a better job can be done in photoshop, or other similar program. I often do photo realistic type images with just photoshop.
Dear, Dave.Cox,
Adobe photoshop is sophisticated and gives me a headache! I just prefer some simple programs, which can put the photos together easily and quickly ~~

Are you know any other ways for putting two photos together, except for photoshop? What is the other similar program?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 11:19 PM

Yes, photoshop is not the easiest program to learn. That's because it is so very powerful. Other programs are paint shop pro, and gimp. These also have a learning curve. If you just want an inexpensive option to do some quick editing, try picasa. This is a free download from google, and is pretty good for a free program.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing