RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Compositing Collage, montage, masking, selections, combining, etc.

Storyboard Actions

Old 10-29-2006, 08:04 AM

Storyboard Actions

I am looking for some good actins for storyboards and montages. Does anyone have any or know where to get some??

Thanks for your help

Jasmine
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2006, 12:24 PM

Re: Storyboard Actions

Things to consider:
* Storyboards and collages generally involve different images
* Every storyboard and collage design is going to be different in terms of image placement, image size, resolution, etc.
* Actions generally work on one image at a time. Things get a little more complicated when image placement in a specific location (within a collage template, for example) is involved.

...so the bottom line is if you found actions that build storyboards or collages, they would not be "generic." In other words it would be very unlikely they would meet your specific needs. They could, however, serve as models on which to base actions you would record yourself.

Tell me more about your situation, project, what you have in mind, etc. and perhaps I can help get you started. If you have template files or specific info. on image sizes, placement locations, etc., be sure to include that detail in your reply. If you can provide link(s) to examples, that would help, too.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2006, 07:08 AM

Well I came across some at itty bitty actions and thought they were cool. I would like to design some at home. I guess I am not too sure what type of story boards there are out there. I prob basically need the basic and dimensions of them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2006, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjroth
Well I came across some at itty bitty actions and thought they were cool. I would like to design some at home. I guess I am not too sure what type of story boards there are out there. I prob basically need the basic and dimensions of them.
OK... picture worth 1K words. Let's use this promo image from ittybittyactions a frame of reference...

http://www.ittybittyactions.com/customcollages.htm

Before writing an action of this nature one would need to know the width, height and resolution of the final result plus the length and width of each individual in the image, how many images will be used, a good idea on image placement, how wide the edges need to be, etc. ** Once the layout has been defined, then an action can be written to automate the process of building "collage after collage" from individual photos and, optionally, add the text.

Keep in mind an action will do it "this way" every time. If you wanted to, say, create a collage in portrait instead of landscape orientation or create a collage with 6 instead of 5 images, these types of requirements would require writing additional actions.

So, yes, one would need to do some planning/measuring, etc. first... then start the action building.

** Note: It is possible to modify things like dimensions, image location, etc. "on the fly," that is while action development is under way. However the more accurate the initial specifications are, the less time will be required to develop, test and debug an action.

The offer still stands on helping you develop something of this nature. Click my name above and shoot me an e-mail if you want help in this regard.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing