RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Compositing Collage, montage, masking, selections, combining, etc.

Does anybody know the different companies where people are added to pictures?

Old 02-10-2007, 12:33 AM

Does anybody know the different companies where people are added to pictures?

I'm looking for some of the larger photo retouching firms that do this.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2007, 09:07 AM

Re: Does anybody know the different companies where people are added to pictures?

You may not need a larger company, may do this as a pastime or generally
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Patron

Re: Does anybody know the different companies where people are added to pictures?

Welcome to Retouch Pro. Pretty well every company that offers restoration and retouching services will be able to do that kind of work. Are you looking for a local business or did you wish to use the internet for the transaction. Does it need to be a company or individuals who do this for a living?
Where are you located?
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday
Welcome to Retouch Pro. Pretty well every company that offers restoration and retouching services will be able to do that kind of work. Are you looking for a local business or did you wish to use the internet for the transaction. Does it need to be a company or individuals who do this for a living?
Where are you located?
Regards, Murray
I want to use the internet for the transaction. It does not need to be a company, it could be individuals. I am working on starting a company, one of the services of which would be 'adding people to pictures.' However, I do not want to develop the in-house capability, I would prefer to outsource the work and keep a commission. The sub-contractor would ideally have a proven reputation.

I am currently working on the website, and I expect the alpha version (w/o 'people-adding' capability) to launch this summer at the latest. But eventually I envision including some kind of user-friendly interface to connect customers with photo retouchers, guiding them throughout the entire transaction process.

Any interested parties should contact me at webmaster_at_photo-pd.com. Just a brief note is preferred (i.e. "I can do this, here's my website!") If the alpha website can launch like I hope it will, you'd definitely be hearing from me!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2007, 04:54 PM

How will it work? Add people from whatever image the customer has to any other image?

I add models to new backgrounds every day, but I shoot them myself so I know the extraction will become fairly easy. All my images at www.studiobild.com are done that way for instance.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2007, 06:15 PM

very interesting work PellePiano

zganie
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepiano
How will it work? Add people from whatever image the customer has to any other image?
Correct, yes, that is what I'll need.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2007, 06:39 PM

To look good you need to match the abckground images so the lighting fits. This will be quite impossible at times depending on the people image. It can be quite timeconsuming just to get the colors to match.

What kind of fees are we talking for the customer?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepiano
To look good you need to match the abckground images so the lighting fits. This will be quite impossible at times depending on the people image. It can be quite timeconsuming just to get the colors to match.

What kind of fees are we talking for the customer?
I'm talking about a relatively simple service like this:
http://www.imphotorepair.com/gallery2.html

The target price to the customer will be roughly $40-50. It may go up, depending on how many times the retoucher is requested to edit the retouching.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing