RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Compositing Collage, montage, masking, selections, combining, etc.

need some ideas

Old 07-05-2007, 09:01 AM

Exclamation need some ideas

im working on designs for school packages. its a bit boring and i struck blank. its simple: a background, a frame for the photo and something to put the school name on. (like a scroll or something) im tired of the same old stuff
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2007, 11:49 AM

Re: need some ideas

hi,
For what they are worth some ideas
1. use the school mascot for the background with the name emblazen
2. variation of the school mascot theme ...with icons denoting different activity, ie; graduation cap, scroll, something to indicate technical learning, sports...... surrounding the mascot
3. if the main building entrance is interersting , use that with the name emboden... again with maybe activivity icons surrounding the entrance...
4. use different frame types instead of a standard square use a triangle or multi sided frame,,,, maybe no fram at all....
5. maybe just a general college of activity icons with no main background theme...
6. in stead of using photograph type pictures.. turn them into a oil or watercolor...!!

sometimes knowing what these packages are and how the "label or picture" going to be used can give you other ideas... don't know if these are mailing boxes, storage boxes, filing boxes, etc etc.. smile.... if this is just a mailing label or is it for just general identification...

well anyway those are my ideas.... the pro's on here can probably come with a lot more and better.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NESSIE-08 View Post
im working on designs for school packages. its a bit boring and i struck blank. its simple: a background, a frame for the photo and something to put the school name on. (like a scroll or something) im tired of the same old stuff
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2007, 01:05 PM

that sounds busy. this is more or less what they normally want. it is for single portraits of the children
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jumbo.jpg (48.9 KB, 30 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2007, 02:08 PM

hi,
oh i see what you need... I had a misconception what your looking for and yes my suggestions would be too busy for that....

so the main image will be a kid with frame around him/her.....

well here some ideas...
1. your scroll idea is good but i would put some blurry print in the background and the plug the picture on top of that...

2. have the frame resemble a spiro wired notebook.... with maybe pencil or crayon holder and ruler on the bottom. or in the corners..

3. a simple wide wood frame,, there be plenty of room to put in what ever text and maybe a outline of pencil or somthing else...

4. have the frame be a old cartoonish schoolhouse.... remember the old pictures of school houses that had a little steeple on top......

5. have the frame be a schoolbus ....

6. how about use a apple as the frame ...

i think those are more usable ideas for your project....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NESSIE-08 View Post
that sounds busy. this is more or less what they normally want. it is for single portraits of the children
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing