Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Compositing Collage, montage, masking, selections, combining, etc.

Good advices needed

Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Good advices needed

I'm stuck with this image. I know, that the concept is way too chaotic, but thats the way it is - I will have to execute it that way. But there still are a huge amount of flaws and after many days I can't see them anylonger..

And yes, there is no clear light direction. I tried to make light and shadows diffuse, but that aint good. :/

Tips please!

Greetings from Berlin, Germany

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Re: Good advices needed

Hi Jens, the glass building would integrate better if it reflected some of the strong cloud/sky colours. The position of the U-bahn looks odd. Try raising it higher in the composition or getting the vertical distortion nearer to 90 degrees. Add a bit more building above the boys arm (above the S) to show give the scene depth. Looks like a fun job!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Re: Good advices needed

Blond girl on left is too tall. Curly hair should not be that thick, which means that some sky in the background should be visible through the edges of hair, or you should add some flare to it, because it is set against very bright background. To fit the people in the environment try making them more dynamic in contrast, like the sky is dramatic so people's figures should be. In that regard, girl in the foreground (with curly hair) should be edited the most. I think that moon and stars is too much. Try eliminating elements that do not add anything to the "story". There are too much details in this image, and viewer has to struggle to grasp whats going on.

Last edited by zeljko.naic; 01-08-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing