RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Compositing Collage, montage, masking, selections, combining, etc.

Preparing wall artwork scans for web

Old 02-14-2017, 09:19 PM

Preparing wall artwork scans for web

I am a part time webdesigner and I have been working on Photoshop as a hobby for a while and occasional photography. I am currently working with a client who is an artist who draws pen and ink stuff. The artist wants to sell their art as wall framed decorations. So I need to help him with setting up the website and possibly present the art in an impressive manner.

At first, they wanted me to set up a living room in a studio and shoot the framed artwork as a wall hanging decoration. I was a little reluctant about the idea since that would be too costly and too much work.

What I have in mind is... I will get some stock living room pics and composite the art work scan into stock frames which I am planning to place on the walls. There would be several art pieces so maybe I can't get away with just one stock living room template. And might have to do quite a lot with the lighting in photoshop. But good thing is this doesn't make us hassle with the studio set up and lens etc.

There would be another section in the website which will allow people to check the actual scan and details.

Is this a good idea? Or can this be done in another way?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-15-2017, 01:41 AM

Re: Preparing wall artwork scans for web

You could look on this site, but there are many others to look at as well, this was the first that came up for a search for Living room poster mock ups.
https://www.mockupworld.co/?s=poster...&submit=Search

The ones on this page are free, but there are others that you can pay for, but like i said if you search through other sites, there are plenty that are free to use.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolly55 View Post
You could look on this site, but there are many others to look at as well, this was the first that came up for a search for Living room poster mock ups.
https://www.mockupworld.co/?s=poster...&submit=Search

The ones on this page are free, but there are others that you can pay for, but like i said if you search through other sites, there are plenty that are free to use.

Hope this helps.
Okay. Never thought something like this existed. Is there some place where I can get stuff which does not actually show up in Google images? This does the job but it would be great if it does not actually show up in Google right away. The artist is targeting a market which is net savvy so I have to be really careful if it helps. Thanks for showing me this exists.

I understand doing it all in a studio would be professional but I guess it would be possible to pull it off this way too.

If nothing exists in the hidden nooks and corners of the internet I would probably just get hold of a random Ikea living room with a wall backdrop and take it from there on Photoshop. But still keeping fingers crossed on the mockup thing if someone can point me to a "secret" place for such mock up PSDs.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-15-2017, 02:52 AM

A lot of these are quite common now, especially for designers looking to show there work on products etc.
If you have a look on some of the sites there are ones you can pay for, sometimes these have a full psd which you can edit the whole thing including furniture etc, but these won't be the free ones but will still be cheaper than trying to set up a photoshoot.
Websites that do stock photography have photos like you are looking for but these are not editable so you just need to scale in your artwork into the frame area, but might be more of those around to use.
There are a lot of mock up sites around so might be worth having a search of your own and see what you can find that will be suitable for you.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Compositing