RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Help with Hands Please

Old 04-02-2005, 09:03 AM

Smile Help with Hands Please

This picture has been cropped from the original family photo. The hands belong to my dear friend and her husband. He passed away very suddenly two years ago. She loved the whole family picture, (thank the good Lord they had it taken just months before his death), but she really loved the portion of the picture of their holding hands..rather her holding on to his hand...
As you can tell his fingers might have been curled or cropped and I was wondering if some of you talented people could fix his finger portion, maybe draw or clone the tips in?? I want to enlarge it a little for her and print her a nice copy of it . Can this be achieved? I would be so pleased it some of you might take a try at it. Thanks Neb

This is the largest size I have of the portionof the picture..sorry!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lorijimhandscolorbig.jpg (8.5 KB, 63 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 09:09 AM

Although you could clone some finger ends on, the size of the picture would make it useless. Is there any way you can get a bigger copy to work on???? Also and other pictures with the same hands in to use as a source for the cloning??
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 09:20 AM

Sorry , I am unable to do so at this time. Sure wish I could. I'm not so sure his fingers were cropped, as much as buried or covered by the clothing material. Thanks .

PS: Why is this size useless.? Probably a dumb question , however just had to ask.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 10:00 AM

Deleted and leaving this forum due to the actions of member rondon

Last edited by chrishoggy; 03-22-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 10:24 AM

Awww Neb that is so sad...poor lady!

Have you got any other pictures of her hands maybe that would work, to transfer her fingers from one picture to the next...

That would make a great picture the hands on its own...

Awww Bless!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Patron

cropped

Well I gave it a try by copying the small finger tip and using that slightly transformed to build up the index, long, and ring finger. What you can do is take a photo of someone's hand in the same position and same lighting to use as a source.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 11:37 AM

Hi Nebgranny,

My eysesight has never been the best, but it looks like all the fingertips are present. I was looking at the joints on the finger. The fingers do appear curled under the hand, as it would seem odd to have the index finger pointing out and the others curled.

Perhpas the fingertips are slightly hidden by the fold of the skirt / pant/dress.

Would it be worthwhile to inquire discreetly if the fingers were cropped. If it is to be a gift, and she knows the position of the hands, welll???

Just wondering.

Sean.

P.s I missed the presence of glasses on an earlier picure, so I may be way off base here too. Oh Well !!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 12:52 PM

Thank you all for your tries and input. As I looked closer myself , I too thought the hand was fully present but hidden by the dress she was wearing.

It is not so much the quality of this photo that is important..it is content of love and memory . I am sure she remembered the day and the moment he placed his hand upon her and her grasp of it. They were a special couple and she is a wonderful friend. I am sure she would like the picture no matter what. She is doing quite well Legacy , however all children now grown and she does feel lonley!! Wouldn't we all??

Would anyone have any creative ideas of how to place this picture on a special background so I might be able to print it a little larger. I am thrilled with the results shown. BRAVO..Any suggestioins on the above request would be so welcomed!! Blessings Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 01:00 PM

Neb send me the pictures, i shall do you a kind of collage if you want that is...

I have lost both my parents and it is very lonely sometimes.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 01:06 PM

Oh and email me names/dates etc and maybe a poem they liked or funny sayings they liked to say, tis upto you okay?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration