Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Great website..

Old 04-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Great website..

Guess I never officially said hello, so here it is. I'm Shawn from New Jersey, USA. My family has just bought a house in Hawaii, but I'm not sure if I'm moving out there yet or not. Right now I take pictures on an older 2mp digital camera that I sold to my friend. I'm probably getting the Olympus C765 Ultra Zoom soon. It's 4mp, 10x optical, and will accept an adapter so I can put on 52mm lenses. My friend has that camera and loves it. I own the website Eventually it's going to be more than what is up there now, but my friend is really lazy and I told him at the rate he was going I'd have my site up before his, so there you go it's up.

Here in New Jersey we have a magazine called Weird NJ ( and it's published twice a year. Not only does it talk about legends and ghosts and stuff like that, but it talks about weird buildings or abandoned buildings. People send in stories and take pictures and this preserves our history in their magazine. I travel around to a lot of places and take pictures when I can. The pictures from my website are from the Paulinskill Viaduct. It's an abandoned train bridge. It's 115 feet tall and 1100 feet long.

Ever since finding this website I've been completely obsessed with learning new stuff and tweaking photos. Although I don't understand everything I try to take as much as I can in.

The speed at which a lot of the people here tweak photos and restore photos amazes me. Have you ever thought of adding a section here for pay services?!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2005, 05:10 PM

Hi Shawn,

Welcome to RP!

Glad you decided to join in ... Had a look at your site (nice pictures!!!) and at the .... I just love this kind of mystery stories/legends... so thanks for the link!!!

As for 'learning' just stick around, ask, share .... you found the right place!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-22-2005, 07:48 AM
I should find a girlfriend who can not only help cook and clean around the house, but retouch photos, listen to mp3's, and play video games with me. LOL! Any takers?!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration