RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Need PhotoShop CS Help Replace eyes in a photo

Old 05-28-2005, 10:05 AM

Need PhotoShop CS Help Replace eyes in a photo

Hi,

Please Help, I have two identical photos of the Bride's Parents and Grand Parents. The brides mother has her eyes closed in the photo with perfect expressions and her eyes open in the other photo.

Please explain (in detail) how I can remove the open eyes from the average expression photo and place them in the perfect expression photo so that it looks natural.

If that is not possible, please direct me to a tutorial that explains the process. I have a PC with XP Pro and Photoshop CS. Thank You, have a wonderful weekend.

Best Regards,
Hersul (hersul@worldnet.att.net)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Patron

Eye Replacement

Well there are several ways to to that. I would suggest you post both pictures on this site so we can help. Welcome to retouch pro. The best way to post photos is make sure they are 100mb or less. If you have questions, check out this;Click Here

So lets see what you have.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2005, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbach
Well there are several ways to to that. I would suggest you post both pictures on this site so we can help. Welcome to retouch pro. The best way to post photos is make sure they are 100mb or less. If you have questions, check out this;Click Here

So lets see what you have.
Hi Phil,

I will process the RAW files with Capture One and post them latter today. Have a great weekend. Hersul
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2005, 11:38 AM

Hi gho64, Phil has mis-typed the file size limit, its 100K not 100m, otherwise as he said.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2005, 07:53 PM

Yep. Definately post them here. Not only will a few people have a stab at making them look good, they also explain what they did and you can try it out for yourself.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2005, 08:36 PM

Hi
I suggest to post your pic in http://www.pix7.com and just give the link to us, the size limit there is 1M, so we can have a better image to play.

realaqu
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2005, 01:10 AM

If both photos are similar (ie. similar distance from face, face at same angle, etc.), a really easy fix is just to "paint" the eyes on using the clone brush. All you have to do is open both pictures and zoom each to 100%. Using the clone brush tool, select the picture with the eyes you want to copy, place your cursor over one of the eyes, hold down the Alt button and click on it once to set your source. Now, select the picture with the eyes you want to replace, and place the cursor where her eye should be and just paint it in there. If it looks out of place, just hit ctrl-z and start again in a slightly different spot. Repeat for the other eye and you're done!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration