Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Re-Creating Cleavage?

Old 06-10-2005, 06:39 AM

thanks. i'm sure others on this forum could do better. flora comes to mind for this one. my excuse is that i'm also still learning, but i think i at least gave an impression of what would be necessary here. for me, who doesnt have photoshop yet and who is still learning all the tools and techniques, this just seemed an easier task with basic tools like clone and push. i didnt even use any layers on this one...or silicone

and yes, a re-shoot with one of those bras that is basically a half cup that pushes in from the sides might have helped too. still, it's an interesting challenge and good practice.

yup, sounds like my late maternal grandmother. she used to model a bit back in the 1910's, 1920's i think it was. i've one picture of her where she posed for a photographer. things have certainly changed since then

edit: RnB, one other thought on this... you could use tools like warp and liquify, but it somewhat depends on the situation and the tool. warp in psp isnt very good, but i have used the photoshop warp a few times when i was using the demo version and it can do some pretty remarkable things. there is also a program coming out soon for windows that is supposed to have a good warp. Vertuse? i forget the name. i ran across a thread on it in one of the other forums here. it just came out for Mac. Windows comes next. if i run across the thread again i'll post the link.

Last edited by Craig Walters; 06-10-2005 at 06:45 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Hi Natalie,

I'm sorry but haven't saved the psd-file for this image

I can explain in short words how I did it though:

1. Find a suitable image of a naked woman or similar with a fitting cleavage. (No fun if you're a man btw, took me several nervous hours

2. Paste it into the image as a new layer and fitted more or less so it fits to the image. I did make the mistake of cutting out the breasts only so it was pretty difficult to estimate size and position...

3. Desaturate the breasts-layer, then select blend mode overlay and that's about it. Now just mask out everything you don't need. Maybe a little tweaking on the contrast so it shows up well is needed, but that's the basic procedure.

The tricky part is to find a nice cleavage to use, since as the others pointed out, the cleavage of a standing woman used on a lying woman is a little unusual

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2005, 10:02 PM

Thanks so much for explaining what you did. I sent you email BTW.

Let me tell you... the bra thing is necessary, biggies or smallies, blush, bronzer or nothing! LOL

Learning to pose also helps some! Ah well, live and learn!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration