Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Upgrade photoshop

Old 07-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Upgrade photoshop

I have photoshop 6.0 and want the newer version of it. Which one would i get? Upgrade to 6.0 or upgrade to 7.0 or just buy 7.0? Is it worth it to even get them? Also all the obvious stores here don't have them, where is the cheapest? Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 06:21 PM
The current version of Photoshop is CS2, so an upgrade package will automatically be that version (That is why you can't find the earlier versions in the shops) You will see a huge feature boost from 6 to CS2.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 06:23 PM
psst! you didnt hear me say this, but you might be able to find the 7 upgrade on ebay at a reasonable cost.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Ok! Thanks i'll take a look. But if I buy the PS cs2 it will say just PS cs2 or PS cs2 upgrade? I've never upgraded anthing before.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 11:28 PM

Hi Jennifer,

The upgrade is a whole new program. The only part of your 6.0 it will see is that you have it. It costs $149 plus shipping.

There is so much different that it will be a new learning curve but I feel a worthwhile effort. Good luck however you decide.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2005, 05:03 AM
you may want to do some research first. I have heard that you cannot up grade from ps 6 to cs2. I have heard that the minimum is ps7.0 to upgrade to cs2. having said that I know for a fact that you can upgrade to ps cs from ps6.0. and some of the stores here in canada are still selling the cs upgrade.( still has it online)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Well also I forgot this. My photoshop is registered under my old computer. I bought a new computer and never registered it on this one because I thought I would get in trouble. So I think I have to call them first and clear that up. Oh plus i got married and my name is different on both computers. Man i have to make everything so complicated.

So I can buy the package that says PS CS upgrade or 7.0 upgrade. Is that correct?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2005, 01:40 PM
According to the End User Liscense Agreement, Adobe allows you to install Photoshop on two computers so long as both aren't used at the same time or by different primary users. So, installing Photoshop on your second computer should not be a problem and not need any explanation or clearing up with Adobe.

If you upgrade to a computer that does not currently have Photoshop installed on it, the installation will ask you to insert the CD for a previous version to verify that you have a legitimate copy and therefore are eligible to pay the upgrade price instead of the full price. You do not need to install the previous version. If you do have version 6 installed on your second computer, it shouldn't be a problem (see above).

I believe from what I recall reading on the Abobe Photoshop User to User forums at, is that you can upgrade from almost any previous version of Photoshop. However, if it's version 5 or older, you'll need to call Adobe for installation instructions as the installer won't recognize it. But I believe it is possible to do.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration