RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Removing my beard using Paint Pro Shop 9

Old 09-19-2005, 02:55 PM

Removing my beard using Paint Pro Shop 9

I am new to Paint Pro Shop 9, had it a week. I change my eye color from brown to green. I been trying to remove my beard. I had no luck so far. I cant seem to find the right flesh tone to much the rest of my face. Could someone point me in the right direction ? Also, I would like to know how to change my hair color to blond. Here is little old me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Phillip Green eyes1.jpg (53.2 KB, 102 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2005, 03:30 PM

hi topgun,

and welcome to RP.

boy, with that kisser why you want to even keep this photo? (j/k ). the beard is easy. i use psp 9 also. you use the 'clone' tool. if you've got the tool bar active and showing down the left side, it's about half way down and coupled with some other tools; i.e. push, smudge, sharpen, soften, and so on.

set the opacity fairly light to begin with, like about 30-40% or so. and set the 'hardness' to about 60-80% or so. pick up a nearby color/texture using a right click and then 'dab' it on the beard area. just keep repeating this till the beard is gone. adjust the opacity as you see fit, but dont try to get every dab as a straight 100% copy. it just wont look right. and when you pick up nearby areas, come from different directions to vary the color and texture a bit. to get in close to areas like the lips, use the push brush set at around 40% or so and a very small brush and just 'push' the color from one area to another. use small strokes or you'll get a streaked effect.

for the hair, because it's black and there's already a lot of other black in the picture, you'll probably need to duplicate the layer and then mask the hair on the duplicate. from there you can use hue/sat, channel mixer, color balance, paint it on with a light opacity or something like the fast fix plugin. you could also try making a new raster layer and paint the color you want the hair on the raster layer. then, erase the bits that dont overlay to the layer below and set a blend mode of overlay, screen, or maybe luminance....i forget, but it shld be one of those. just try em all you might also have to lower the opacity of the raster layer a bit.

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2005, 04:07 PM

Hi Craig,
yeah I been called worst. Easy removing the beard huh ? Well I just gave it a go and here is my work. I did what you told me too do. I had no luck, maybe its this program Paint Pro Shop 9, I dont think its cut out for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Phillip Green eyes2.jpg (52.8 KB, 111 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2005, 04:46 PM

ok, that's a decent start. psp does this just fine. lower your opacity and take just parts out at a time. overlap your dabs. dont try to replace one area with one dab. it just takes practice.

i've attached a partial. took about 10-15 minutes to get it this far.

Craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Phillip Green eyes1-partial.jpg (91.6 KB, 136 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2005, 05:50 PM

Well I attempted the left side, although I like your version, Kraellin, better. I also sharpened and filled in the eyes, so that "cataract" look is lessened.
~Nancy~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Phillip-Green-eyes1-1.jpg (85.4 KB, 109 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2005, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
ok, that's a decent start. psp does this just fine. lower your opacity and take just parts out at a time. overlap your dabs. dont try to replace one area with one dab. it just takes practice.

i've attached a partial. took about 10-15 minutes to get it this far.

Craig
wow, dam nice job Craig! Looks so real! hmm only 10 minutes huh ? Dang, took me 45 minutes to make a mess of my picture. Ok I will work on the right side now and keep your posted. I might finish it tonight or sometimes tommorrow, but I will post my finish work. And big thanks for helping me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2005, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanls
Well I attempted the left side, although I like your version, Kraellin, better. I also sharpened and filled in the eyes, so that "cataract" look is lessened.
~Nancy~
Hi Nancy,
Looks like we in the same boat when trying to remove my beard. Oh thanks for correcting my work on the eyes, I didnt notice anything wrong with them until you pointed out they had cataract look. You did a good job filling them in. Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2005, 07:07 PM

Ok Craig, here is my handle work. This the best I can do until I make it worst. Now I have no lips. Not really sure how to use the smurg tool yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg best i can do.jpg (42.6 KB, 90 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2005, 07:39 PM

Had to have a quick go at the right side-lots more clean skin to clone from on that side. Now my question is, "what does that top lip look like uder all that hair?" ;-)
It might be easier just to shave!!!
~Nancy~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Phillip-Green-right.jpg (92.1 KB, 56 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2005, 08:29 PM

Well Nancy, All I can say whats under all that hair is a great set of kissing lips. And for shaving it off, I dont want to look like a kid again.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration