RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Husband knows nothing

Old 10-13-2005, 03:28 AM

My hal 9000 says he can do the job, but looking at the results he seems to be suffering from extreme myopia. (Can't believe a word he says these days).

Will have to install new visual accuity unit alongside his new psychological reassignment unit. Then give him a thorough service with a big hammer and a cattle prod.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2005, 01:42 AM

I was uninstalling some trial plug-ins today, and came across the 'automatic restorer' that I had looked at. Here it is: http://akvis.com/en/retoucher/index.php. Not very useful I thought, unless you have no idea how to clone and heal.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2005, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin
I was uninstalling some trial plug-ins today, and came across the 'automatic restorer' that I had looked at. Here it is: http://akvis.com/en/retoucher/index.php. Not very useful I thought, unless you have no idea how to clone and heal.

I tried Akvis's Coloriage program, but I'm undecided whether or not to buy it. It's an interesting little plug in, but I don't do enough coloring which requires a specific tool for it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2005, 08:10 AM

Worse part!

The damage is done by the claims made by both those who wish to sell more equipment and software and those outlets who offshore.

As to the off shoring.... At best that must be hit and miss! By the time the file reaches an artist in the 3rd world it will earn them very little... even by local standards.. so volume will play into it and then the skill level will vary.

perhaps RooB is right and someday an acceptable job can be done automatically. Meanwhile the illusion made by those claims are sure to disuade
the public from paying fairly for the service, in effect resulting in many photos that will slip beyond repair.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2005, 05:37 PM

Yes I've heard of the place that can do it.
Its Cloud Cuckoo Land and it's run by Mr Barnum
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-18-2005, 05:07 AM

I want the program they use on CSI... fabulous, with 3 clicks they took a photo of a woman and turned 'her' back into her male identity (she was transexual) and compared it to be almost an exact match to her 'brother's' driving license
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-18-2005, 06:28 PM

Jennifer,

Why don't you teach Hubby how to restore. I'm not even sure I'd pick a particularly hard one, the object being to show how much really go into one of these jobs.

Who knows he might like the challenge but for sure he'll gain an appreciation for restoration.

BTW, I have a pile of images that I can't wait for this new CSI program to be released for--PS 11?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration