Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

sent out to printout

Old 10-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Thank you Danny. I used to want to wait, save up and do everything from here but I'm not ready for that headache and not ready to spend that kind of money on a printer either. Not until I get an out of home office anyways. Right now I barely have the room for the equipment I have and it's not a whole lot either. Besides I can be doing more work while it's being printed elsewhere which saves me time. I'm going to order from there for me (gift for myself) and try it out. I appreciate the suggestion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2005, 02:28 PM
I've been looking into getting a color laser printer for doing my own prints. They are expensive devices ($600 in color toner alone), but in my opinion, far better than putting any money into any ink-based device, and far cheaper in the long run. A laser printer can literally print 100s of photos on a single toner refill, and there's no ink based printer sold that could match the output quality.

Though, to be fair, there are some nice 9 ink printers that do an excellent job, and would be more than suitable for a home-based business printing.

In mean time, I've been using Kodak. In my area, they do 5x7 prints for about 25 cents each, and a 8x10 for $2, hard to beat those prices.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2005, 02:51 PM
A cheap color laser won't even touch an inkjet of equal price when it comes to photographic reproduction. You will spend some serious dough (4 to 5 figure range) to get a color laser that can rival or best the cream of the crop inkjets that are substantially less.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2005, 09:49 AM

Funny thing! in real life when my friends came to ask me I'll give the right advise almost all the time, but when I came to the forums for some reason I give the 'badder' advise

About Kinkos? yeah... you can print directly in any kind of paper, PLUS any kind of size... about the quality? No Complaints [next time I'll post the Printer models they use]... and for the delivery [for now I'm in a wheelchair] is very convinient to me, cause if you run a Retouching website + Kinkos = a good storefront...
Did I mention printing nationwide?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration