Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Blurry Picture,

Old 11-14-2005, 12:54 AM
hi Photomoments,

Depends on what your expectations are with this.

If you're just looking for some improvement, then that is entirely possible, and Craig and TwinKissed's advice will certainly help you.

If you're looking to end up with a clear focussed photo that you can hang on the wall or show to friends, then it really isn't going to happen.

To post a larger image, take a copy of your picture, reduce the size to about 800x600 pixels, and you should find you can get below the 100K filesize limit by adjusting the jpg compression.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2005, 05:52 PM
blurry picture,

Thanks Gary, I Will Try To Get A Larger Picture Loaded. I Am Just Trying To Get The Picture To Llok Better, Not 100%. Just Better Than It Is Now. I Know What I Did Wrong When I Took The Picture So Know I Just Want To Get It A Little Better. Also, Once I See This Picture Better From Someone On This Site, How Do I Print The Picture From Here. Do I Get Kodak Photo Paper? Let Me Know Please.

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2005, 03:46 AM
It won't really be possible to print out a picture of any size from images posted by members here.

Most of the posted images will be about 800X600 pix, due to the 100k posting limit. To print out a reasonable image, you'll usually use an output resoloution to your printer of between 200-300 ppi (pixels per inch).

A bit of simple maths will tell you that an 800x600 image printed at 200ppi, will give an image of 4x3 inch, and at 300ppi one of 2.66x2 inch.

Add the almost unavoidable jpeg compression artifacts, and the resulting image will not be high quality. If you're just using it for reference though, it will probably be good enough.

Can't really advise you on paper, not knowing which printer you're using. Some printers produce better results with one paper than with another. If you tell us which printer you use, I'm sure one of the members here will probably have experience with it, and can advise you what's best.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration