RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Pageant Photo Question.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:12 AM

Pageant Photo Question.

Hi, I'm new.
I'm so sorry for making yet another pageant photo thread. I did look through the other threads about pageant photos but they didn't help much. Does anybody have a tutorial of exact steps? I understand different photos may need different things but a tutorial would be the best start. I have Photoshop 6.0. I'm not looking to do this as a business so I wouldn't be taking away anybody's business I just want to do it for my own photos. The pageant photographers never come to may area and I've tried many retouchers I've found over the Internet. Though some have been good they just haven't been competitive enough against the national photos in photo contests.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much in advance.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-13-2006, 07:47 AM

"The pageant photographers never come to may area and I've tried many retouchers I've found over the Internet. Though some have been good they just haven't been competitive enough against the national photos in photo contests."

Hi PasteE
Without a good starting photo, even the best retouchers wont be able to do much to make it competitive. Id say good photography is 90% of an image. Good retouching is 10%.

But, maybe this can help you out a bit: http://www.peachpit.com/articles/art...&seqNum=5&rl=1

Good luck
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-13-2006, 08:54 AM

I agree with your percentages. I do have some great professional photos. There are professional photograpers here but none that work with enhancers to do pageant photos. I'll check out that link. Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-13-2006, 09:07 AM

pastee,

welcome to RP

we've some very talented folks around here, but it's somewhat hard to know what you want without walking us through it a bit. a certain 'look' is sometimes hard to explain in words. that's why if you could post a picture and then work from there, someone would most likely be able to match up the style you're after with the image you post. we love to practice and also to help, so an image to work with is most likely the best way to go. in fact, if you've got a picture of one of those professional pageants and one of your own that would probably be best. we could then see what you have and where you want to take it.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2006, 04:35 PM

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. My computer had problems and I was able to come here once on another computer briefly but I didn't get to get back to anybody. Thank you for the replies. I'd post the photo but lost it with most of my photos and files when my computer wasn't working. I am working on getting everything I have on CD back on my computer.

The look I am going for can be found here.

http://beckycarter.com/color.html
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration