RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Photo Restoration (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-restoration/)
-   -   Old photos for portfolio (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-restoration/12770-old-photos-portfolio.html)

chazcarp 02-06-2006 09:20 AM

Old photos for portfolio

I didn't know where to post this so I apologise if its in the wrong section. Does anyone know where I can find old BW or colour photographs that needs restoring that I can use in a portfolio and maybe a website?

Thanks in advance

Mike 02-06-2006 10:08 AM

I got some that where a challange to restore at an antique shop. Have no idea who the people in the photos are. I think they were a $1.00 each. Seems the worse they look the cheaper they are......

chazcarp 02-06-2006 02:31 PM

Thanks Mike I didn't think of trying an antiques shop

Frank Lopes 02-06-2006 08:01 PM

Re:Old photos for portfolio

I got the pictures for my website from the Library of Congress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazcarp
I didn't know where to post this so I apologise if its in the
Thanks in advance

Titia 02-10-2006 03:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I happen to have a lot of pics that need restoring and you're welcome to use them if you're willing to send me a copy. As the original album stays with me, I want to make a digital album for my nieces and nephews.
They're from Albums of my late Aunt and go back as far as 1921.
I'm not at all skilled in retouching photos, so...if we could help each other perhaps?
I'll try post one or two here.

I could sent you the original scans on CD

Titia

Frank Lopes 02-10-2006 08:48 AM

Portfolio

Is there a way that I could also take advantage of your generosity?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titia
I happen to have a lot of pics that need restoring and you're
I could sent you the original scans on CD

Titia

chazcarp 02-10-2006 09:38 AM

Thank you Titia I would very much like those photos and send you a copy of the restored pics. Could you email me or me you to work out how to exchange?

Titia 02-12-2006 08:04 AM

I'll send both of you an email. I won't be home till the end of this week, but I'll give you an address where you can reach me.

Cameraken 02-12-2006 08:25 AM

Hi Titia

Wow. Thanks for the offer. If you send me a CD of photos that I could use then I will send you a copy of the restored ones. In exchange for using some. I am looking for pictures like these.

Email camerashop AT aol.com

Ken

Titia 02-14-2006 11:35 AM

Ok, that will be 3 cd's I have to make :) that's ok with me.

One for Chaz, one for Frank and one for Ken.

I will be home again next weekend, so if you please will send me an email to titiageertman@hetnet.nl with your home address, then I'll have your emailadress and an address to send the cd to.

I have yet to scan the photos though, so it will take a little time.

Chaz already send me an example and I was very pleased with the result and all the inheritants will thank you all most gracefully.