RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Restoring plaid jacket

Old 02-15-2006, 04:09 PM

Restoring plaid jacket

Hi,
Just joined your group so I hope I'm posting correctly.
I have a plaid jacket that needs restoration. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this without cloning forever?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Carol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plaid jacket.jpg (63.3 KB, 61 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Patron

Plaid Jacket

Carol to Retouch Pro. I am sure you will have your questions answered. It looks like more than the plaid jacket needs to be restored, like under the chin. For starters I would suggest you post a larger image. For Info on how to do that click: HERE . And for Info on How to submit file attachments click: HERE

The good news is that you probably will not need to clone and rotate plaid for several hours.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-15-2006, 05:02 PM

Re: Restoring plaid jacket

Ok, here goes with the larger picture. If it doesn't work, I'm so sorry and I'll try again. Newbie, you know.
Also, yes I realize there's work to be done under the chin. Right now I'm more concerned with the plaid.
Thanks again,
Carol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plaid-jacket.jpg (100.0 KB, 47 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2006, 06:29 AM
Patron

Restoring Plaid Jacket

Great Upload. Well I did a lot of things which are hard to describe, but what helped was to select the plaid on the left side of the image that has the greenish discoloration. I copied that to a separate layer. Then in the background layer select an area of the right arm above the greenish discoloration. Then select Image/Adjustments/Match Color

The source would be the plaid jacket, background layer, and use selection to calculate colors selected. The target would be the right arm layer (bad area in the layer above). Ignore selection when applying adjustment selected. I had to decrease the luminance of the adjustment. That helped some.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MatchColor.jpg (67.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Jacket4.jpg (54.6 KB, 37 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2006, 01:50 PM

Re: Restoring plaid jacket

Thanks for the quick response. I played around with match color like you suggested and had pretty good results.
This lady doesn't care if the jacket is plaid or not. So how could I just completely get rid of the plaid and make it a solid color? I had read on this forum about googling for ladies clothes and using them but aren't they too low in resolution to do anything with?
Thanks again for the help.
Carol
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Patron

Getting web clothing

Well there are some web sites that have high resolution images like this one CLICK HERE , but you have to be very careful about lighting and shadows etc.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration