Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Restoring Old Photo

Old 04-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Those are really nice

I have so many old, old photos dating back to the 1840's and up. In an old album that belonged to my great-aunt, there are several tintypes/daguerrotypes that have COLOR on them. It's subtle, and it's only one say a girl's bow or hat. I was surprised when I first saw them because I'd never seen that type with any color on them. In reading up on photography processes and especially tintypes so I can get a date range on them, I now understand how they did it and approximately when It's fascinating stuff.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Olde Days

Thank you for the nice words.

Just 20 years ago, I was hand-coloring photographs just because I enjoyed doing it. I was in an art supply store last week and I was surprised to see them still there, Marshal's Photo Coloring Pencils. I have no idea how far that method goes, but its probably been around as long as colored pencils have - which I don't know either.

Post some pics so we can all enjoy them. Be careful though, only post them under Critique when you are really ready.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration