RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Help with reconstructing dress

Old 10-30-2006, 04:23 PM

Re: Help with reconstructing dress

Hi Craig....... when you're doing the cloning, etc... I imagine you'd have to get away from it at times so as not to lose your perspective..... I do have such an appreciation for your 'old school' method since it doesn't introduce anything new but rather retains as it's repairing...... guess that's what the OPR people are concerned with..... but I'm with you on interacting with the client.......... I mean.....I want to connect with the people or else I lose interest.....

With the technology available for photo restoration you can re-create a photo, the struggle for me is remembering that I too would want the feeling associated with a particular photo and not some idealized version of it........ kinda like preferring your wife/girlfriend over.....say... Barbie (you knew it was coming)..... you're too fun, Craig!

Barbie + Ken in the bin = Skipper
(I know Matel said she was Barbie's little sister but where were Barbie's parents???)

oxoxox
Beth
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-30-2006, 10:50 PM

Re: Help with reconstructing dress

Quote:
kinda like preferring your wife/girlfriend over.....say... Barbie (you knew it was coming)..... you're too fun, Craig!

Barbie + Ken in the bin = Skipper
(I know Matel said she was Barbie's little sister but where were Barbie's parents???)
rofl. what a lead-in from the procedures and techniques or restoring to the mating habits of plastic figurines. some day i'm going to have to go to that factory and find out what really goes on

as for cloning, (on photos) i sometimes go for hours. it's quite relaxing. but yes, you can get too introverted on them and it pays to walk away for a while. probably somewhat what happened on this one and the one with the hand. it also helps to post them, regardless of the stage they are in and view them newly on the site here. it also helps to have folks like yourself who see things differently at times and use different techniques. having something to compare to is one way to view your own work in a different light. so, RP is often my quality control department and 'they' send a lot of work back to me and tell me it needs improvement
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration