Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Press interview request for Retouch Pro

Old 07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Press interview request for Retouch Pro

I hope the administrators of ReTouchPro don't mind me posting here. I'm a journalist writing an article for the Canwest Syndicate, which is a chain of newspapers up here in Canada. I'm putting together an article for a digital photography supplement, and the article is straplined 'bringing your old photos to life'. It is supposed to be a very high-level how-to guide for scanning old photos and negs, and then restoring them using digital editing software. As part of the article, I am hoping to speak with two types of people:

1) Professionals who do digital restoration for a living
2) Home hobbyists who do this for fun (ideally with old family photos - a family historian would be a real bonus).

I want to speak with the first category to get the how-to information, and the second type of user to hear about how they do it, and to hear them talk about the joys of digital photo restoration as a hobby - what attracts them to it, the enjoyment they get from it, and how they got involved, along with perhaps some information about what they use to do it.

The article (which I must submit this Friday) will hit up to a million readers in Canada. Canwest owns a variety of local newspapers including the Vancouver Sun, Saskatoon Star Phoenix, and others.

So, this is a request for interested parties to contact me. I'd take about 20 minutes or so of your time, and I'm happy to speak in the evening if it's easier for you. I'm on 1 780 628 5755 (mountain time) but would happily call you to save your bill, if you prefer. I would also be happy to interview people via email or instant messenger, if they find this more appropriate.

My email is, and if you need to conduct a Google search to ensure that I"m genuine, my name is Danny Bradbury. My web site (with examples of my writing) is at

Hoping to hear back from someone!

Best wishes,

Danny Bradbury
+1 780 628 5755
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Re: Press interview request for Retouch Pro

I've no problem with this posting. Just spell our name right (RetouchPRO)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration