RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Can only photo of great grandmother be saved

Old 03-12-2008, 01:08 AM

Re: Can only photo of great grandmother be saved

I've played a little more simply because of the appeal of the photograph. I believe it to be very restorable especially with a large image to start with. I've worked on one of her hands and slipped in a backdrop. The classical style backdrops were very popular in studio photos of the era so it should not be too out of place. The opacity is dropped to around 30% which allows original background damage to come through, the purpose being to integrate it into the photo further. There is still a great deal of patient work to be done cleaning up areas. I added a slight sepia overlay just to give you another aspect of what could be done for your photo. A pleasure to work on, but for this purpose, I can't afford much more time on it. I do hope it does give you hope that great grandmother can be restored to a very reasonable standard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lousia-and-Albert-Thompson-.jpg (99.5 KB, 69 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2008, 06:05 PM

Re: Can only photo of great grandmother be saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanan`si View Post
I've played a little more simply because of the appeal of the photograph. I believe it to be very restorable especially with a large image to start with. I've worked on one of her hands and slipped in a backdrop. The classical style backdrops were very popular in studio photos of the era so it should not be too out of place. The opacity is dropped to around 30% which allows original background damage to come through, the purpose being to integrate it into the photo further. There is still a great deal of patient work to be done cleaning up areas. I added a slight sepia overlay just to give you another aspect of what could be done for your photo. A pleasure to work on, but for this purpose, I can't afford much more time on it. I do hope it does give you hope that great grandmother can be restored to a very reasonable standard.
Thanks so much for showing me what could be done. I have a friend at work that is trying to help me. This is a wedding photo. My great grandmother and great grandfather. They both were of English Irish ancestry. Do you restore photos professionally. Just curious if my friend can't restore it as well as I would like. Thanks.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration