RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Do's and Don'ts for the Restoration Forum

Old 07-02-2008, 08:58 PM

Do's and Don'ts for the Restoration Forum

please,

Do post any type of restoration project here.

Do not post images with the file name 'original' or 'before' or 'after'. come on, that should really be a no-brainer. how many others do you think try the same thing? remember, we who are working on your image do not need another file named 'original' in our albums/work spaces!

Do thank anyone who even gazes at your image let alone who puts in time in attempting to fix it. AND I MEAN ANYONE AT ANY LEVEL OF ABILITY!!!

Do attempt to work on the image yourself. We are a peer to peer site. That means we help those who are also trying to learn. We are not a freeloader site. I don't really enforce this. I leave it up to the individuals doing the work whether they wish to work on something or not (like i could do anything but ). What I mean is, I don't remove a piece when I feel the person posting is just looking for a freebie. I leave it for others to decide if they wish to practice on that image or not. But we are a peer to peer site, so let's keep the freeloading to a minimum, please. I mean come on, at least pretend you're trying to do the work yourself!

Do be polite in all your dealings with others here on retouchpro. Etiquette is the grease that keeps interaction working. Without it we tend to get friction and friction just causes breakdowns.

Do NOT Post 'Hi, I"m blah-blah from blah-blah and I just found this site and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to use Photoshop... Paint Shop Pro... take good photos... do HDRI... sell rice to the Chinese... wipe my ... never mind. The point is, this is the RESTORATION forum, not the photography, art, salon, newsroom, gallery, library, auditorium or the used car sales lot. We do restorations here and help others do restorations here. If you're looking for anything else, DO read the forum titles and forum descriptions and post appropriately!

Do become a patron! This one should really also be a no-brainer, so don't make me preach!

Do help each other out. (I really didn't need to say this one. The folks helping in here are great and under appreciated, as far as I'm concerned. So, see the note on giving thanks above.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-17-2008, 01:36 PM

Re: Do's and Don'ts for the Restoration Forum

I would like to join this forum. How do I participate? I have been practicing photo restoration for a couplr of years now. I have no formal training. I use Corel Paint shop Pro X, Corel PSP Photo X2, and a few plugins. I have only done projects for friends and family. I also did some volunteer restoration for a few Katrina victims this past winter. I put some of my project in my album. Feel free to give some opions I am always trying to learn more skills.

Thank you

snova98
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-17-2008, 08:44 PM

hi snova98,

just drop down into the regular posts here (these are the 'stickies') and join in in the conversations or take a posted image and do some work on it and post it back and tell what you did. the idea here is to help someone else who is having difficulty with something and telling or showing them how to do it, or at least one way of doing it.

and if you just want to practice on some images, try the challenges. just look up near the top of the site pages for the menu/navigation bar and find 'site menu'. click on that and a menu will open up. one of the choices there is 'challenges'. click on that and you'll some images you can work on for practice.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2016, 04:51 AM

I think the last time I logged in was more than a year ago. I forgot how to post or repost photos. I tried reposting but it says I can only upload 100k file sizes but when I uploaded it, it was just the size of thumbnails. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2016, 05:33 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

This thread reminds me: Where has Craig been since a year ago?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2017, 11:27 AM

Craig. I can't remember how long it's been since I joined, maybe 10+ years. Am currently working on an old photo for a friend and am wondering if I've reached my skill level or the photos ability. I've read the rules and you state not to post before/after photos. So should I just post the original and let someone that may want to start from scratch or what. Like I said, it has been a long time. Thank you!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwasp View Post
...I've read the rules and you state not to post before/after photos...
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but you seem to have misunderstood. The rule posted at this start of this thread says don't post photos with 'before' and 'after' filenames. It doesn't say you can't post before and after photos
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2017, 03:31 AM

Can anyone tell me, how to do reposting here?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration