RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Photo Restoration (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-restoration/)
-   -   Making a kid vanish.... (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-restoration/24743-making-kid-vanish.html)

Zabulon 01-20-2009 05:11 PM

Making a kid vanish....

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this awsome site.

I recently got interested in restoring and retouching...
and will post more as I progress with all your help....HeHe:wink:

I was asked to restore this photo and erase the kid if possible.

here is my method and the result..

Healing brush used extensively to fix the cracks and restore whole photo.

Erased the kid, mirrored the right shoulder, use the liquify tool to shift the new shoulder a little bit so they wouldn't look the same, cloned the hair and created a shadow on the shoulder, turned the bow and staightened wrinkles caused by kid leaning up against shoulder of woman.

Finally cropped the photo to remove the part I could not fabricate without making the photo look phony....

Better quality photo available - HERE

Please, some comments are VERY welcome..

Craig Walters 01-20-2009 08:47 PM

Re: Making a kid vanish....

looks good. a little off-center. i think i'd have stretched the canvas on the left and cloned in some background. but, other than that, good job :)

for extra credit, use an unsharp mask to bring here more into focus, then clean up the resulting noise with a noise remover or polaroid dust and scratches filter.

Liz 01-22-2009 04:46 AM

If you have only started restoring recently, I think you've done an excellent job. Congrats.

Gobsmacked 01-22-2009 06:12 AM

Excellent job ! I would follow Craig's advice ( his comments are like mini Tuts. ! ) . I think I would try to reintroduce the creases in her top , below the neck .

TerryB 01-22-2009 07:38 AM

Remarkable job. Along with Craig's suggestion I'd massage the mirrored shoulder a bit to disguise the precise symmetry. Clone and/or 50% gray fill Soft Light layer for highlights & shadows.

DCobb 01-22-2009 09:33 PM

Looks good to me.

d

klassylady25 01-23-2009 10:24 AM

I agree with the left of the canvas, but great job!

greg-andrew74 01-29-2009 10:52 AM

this is well nice! obviously a lot of work has gone into this. I hoep to achieve stuff like this too. all in good time. Well done.

greg-andrew74 01-29-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraellin (Post 218643)
looks good. a little off-center. i think i'd have stretched the canvas on the left and cloned in some background. but, other than that, good job :)

for extra credit, use an unsharp mask to bring here more into focus, then clean up the resulting noise with a noise remover or polaroid dust and scratches filter.

In regards to this post, i have just invested in Imagenomics Noiseware to help reduce noise. Mainly for my HDR stuff but it will work nicely in reducing noise on any picture once you get the sliders right.