RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

New Member first restoration

Old 04-09-2010, 06:16 PM

Re: New Member first restoration

Florin,

I checked out your website, but could not find any photo restorations. All I found were tattered old portraits and then next to them someone had done elementary paintings of that photo. Like something you might find on the side of a conversion van or the back of a denim jacket. Please advise I would love to see the benefits of your years of expertise.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 PM

Buy some eyeglasses, man. You need some strong ones. If not, offending my work means nothing for me, caming this from you. Read the appreciations and the criticizes in this forum, from the people who really konow about this business and my works. Sometimes, have the mouth shut is more profitable, sun. The worse situation for someone like you is judge something you don´t understand. The only thing that you are defending a beginner work just for being beginner and do not see the real estate of his work/try make me think that you really don´t understand anything about this stuff. May be you shoud try first with some cartoons, seems to me that Mikey Mouse is more close to your set of mind.
Hope you´ll be better soon
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2010, 11:01 PM

I know I am just new here and a beginner at resto work as well, but guys, come on lets get along! ;-)

First we have to expect some constructive critisism. As a matter of fact I welcome it personally, as thats how a person gets better.

Second, I have checked out Florin's work as well (more than once). In my opinion much of it is very well done. After doing research on how photos from the day were actually done, many of them had a real painterly look and feel right from the day they were taken. So sometimes the painted look is actually closer to the original than trying to get artsy with it and make it look like something it's not.

But back to the point, I think most of us are here to learn and/or help. Expect good and bad comments - it is all part of the learning process.

Brad
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2010, 11:39 PM

I also hope our friend and companion here, Mepaulus, must take this as it is, just someone´s opinion, not an offense. He´s a nice man here an belive me or not, I´ll be the first one to congratulate him when some of his works will get better. Maybe my criticizes are to straight but remember, I also said I was doing the same kind of works some years ago and that´s normal, I´m not ashamed to say it. It´s normal, it´s only the first step he´s doing and has a lot the way waiting for him. The fact is that I always was very, very open to the other´s criticizes and this helped me to understand where I was standing. Also, my motto was and still is "the next work must be better".
About this first attempt, Mepaulus, it´s ok, just leave this as it is. Think about begin with some other "low level" retouch, a simple image which could be less complicated and allow you to practice and restore it easely. This one is not so simple, is very damaged and I´m sure you´ll be able to fix it in the next future but for now, take another one. Look for something which has not a massive damage, just spots, small scratches, use delicately the filters and begin to "play" with the clone brush, learn also how to paint a little.
As a baseball career, if you want to be some day a big league man, you must begin from below and keep move up and up. Must begin with the small and easy game to prepare yourself for the hard game later. All of us here are betting for the beginner´s succes and being happy to share this forum.
Brad, the fact is that always people send to me this kind of very damaged images, almost destroyed. The only way to restore them is painting. What should I do?
Have you all my best regards
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration