RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

bad camera flashes

Old 06-03-2009, 10:18 PM

Re: bad camera flashes

the hands i simply made. they're not that good, but for a quick job, they'll do i made them using clone and airbrush. like i said before, it might be best to find a suitable pair of hands and just clone them in then make whatever adjustments you needed to in order to match them up with the rest of the image.

and thanks

the dark object on the woman on the left's dress, is a cane. if you look below her arm you'll see the rest of it. the part above her arm is the head of the cane.

nice one, OB
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-04-2009, 03:04 AM

Newbie Re: bad camera flashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin View Post
the hands i simply made. they're not that good, but for a quick job, they'll do i made them using clone and airbrush. like i said before, it might be best to find a suitable pair of hands and just clone them in then make whatever adjustments you needed to in order to match them up with the rest of the image.

and thanks

the dark object on the woman on the left's dress, is a cane. if you look below her arm you'll see the rest of it. the part above her arm is the head of the cane.

nice one, OB
Oh Yes i can see now its a cane on ladies arm on left, thanks for what you did anyway

Quote:
Just an additional thought if you decide to crop.. slide the lady on the left a little closer to the other lady just to make a better composition
how do you move move ladies to-gether as that looks cool too, i am such a newbie at this, but willing to learn
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2009, 10:28 PM

you're welcome

i'll let OB explain moving the lady over
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2009, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodds View Post
I dont know what you mean when you say 4 x 6 is that pixels or inches also whats 72 ppi dont you mean dpi anyway here is picture
PPI = Pixels per inch
DPI = Dots per inch

It's more correct to say PPI when talking about the resolution of a digital image (notice that the Adobe applications never say "DPI").
Some could argue that a "dot" could be a pixel, but it's best to leave DPI to refer to physical dots like dots of ink on paper (e.g. you might need a 1200 dpi laser printer to reproduce a 300 ppi image). By the way, most monitors are not 72 dpi (mine is something like 96-98 dpi).

--

When he said 4x6 he probably meant inches, although i think measuring images in [size in cm/in]*[ppi] is pointless when measuring things on screen (measured in pixels) unless you want to say at what quality it could be printed... Note that the "ppi" value of an image file has no meaning when displayed on screen (like in you browser). 6x4 inches at 72 ppi (432x288) is quite small, so you could easily make it a bit larger and retain good quality under 100 kb.

(A 600x400 pixel image on screen is still exactly 600x400 pixels (and the same file size) on screen even if the ppi i set to 999999 or 1. The ppi value refers to how high resolution it should be printed at.)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2009, 08:33 AM

I am impressed by the restoration work... I am however very interested in exactly how she managed to get such shots, normally a newer camera will have some basic setting that tells you when the * is about to hit the fan. A macgyver style solution is to tape a receipt losely over the flash so that it creates an arc... presto. Instant diffuser. Better yet is not to use flash at all.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration