RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

C&C please! Light leak removal

Old 08-19-2009, 01:07 PM

C&C please! Light leak removal

Hey folks.

this pic was an exercise in removing the red blemish from a light leak. i diddnt do anything else to it, its an old pic i had of my friend when i was in japan.

here is before
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...blockwhack.jpg

and here is after
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...lockwhack1.jpg

just curious, im used to being able to link pics on forums, normally there is a button that opens a dialog box, i dont see anything like that on here, so i guess im forum challaanged. is there a post count requirement to do this? or do i just need to read further?

thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 06:23 PM

Re: C&C please! Light leak removal

"Manage Attachements" is what you want to use to upload pics directly in the forum
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The Ripper View Post
this pic was an exercise in removing the red blemish from a light leak. i diddnt do anything else to it, its an old pic i had of my friend when i was in japan.

just curious, im used to being able to link pics on forums, normally there is a button that opens a dialog box, i dont see anything like that on here, so i guess im forum challaanged. is there a post count requirement to do this? or do i just need to read further?

thanks!
Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends. Poke around, ask questions, offer help, have fun!

Your practice picture might need to be a bit lighter where you repaired it.. then again if I didn't know that a repair was done there then I might just think it was a shadowy area.... other than that, it looks pretty good!

~!~!~!POSTING IMAGES~!~!~!
If you use Photoshop you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the save for web function in Photoshop as described here:
Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads?(Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread, (As you did).. but also please attach an under 100K version (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Sweet, thanks for the tip.

ill pay more attention to the lightness/darkness thanks for catching that.

I have another one with light leak dead smack through the center, same guy, same area. I played with it a little bit, getting everything back to green was pretty easy, however the color in Russ is almost like a greyscale red, so restoring origional color is out of the question. I tried with curves, and channel mixer, maybe an extraction changed to grey scale and just colored in wil work. Ive never colored in a B&W pic though, this will be a fun exercize.

OlBaldy, you seem to be quite a resident expert around here. Ive seen you in a lot of the threads ive looked at. Ill look forward to disussing this stuff with you more as time goes on.

I was pretty amazed when i found this place, i had been looking for a place like this for a while. all the places ive found were pretty much dead. Ive only been retouching and playing with photoshop since december, but ive gone through a dozen books or so, got to the point where i dont learn much froma book, they are all starting to cover the same stuff. Im about to where i need to start putting out any problems i encounter with seasoned artists who can point me in the right direction.

Glad to be here folks, im looking forward to contributing as much as possible.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The Ripper View Post
OlBaldy, you seem to be quite a resident expert around here. Ive seen you in a lot of the threads ive looked at. Ill look forward to disussing this stuff with you more as time goes on.

Glad to be here folks, im looking forward to contributing as much as possible.
Mr Ripper, Please do not get the wrong impression.. I am neither an expert nor a Professional... just a hobbyist who tries to help when I can..

As for being in a lot of threads.. There are a lot of beginners here at RetouchPRO and I mainly cater to them. I can relate better about starting out with Retouching and Photoshop because I am also a beginner in these fields and work mostly on low resolution photos.. not the high resolutions preferred by the professionals who primarily use Dodge and Burn and color corrections for high quality print media... I have no aspirations in the arena of high end retouching or photography.. There are plenty of professionals working in the high end industry who are much more qualified than I, who are members here and will gladly jump in and offer their qualified expertise in those areas when needed

Looking forward to seeing more of your work..
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 09:17 PM

Thats quite a disclaimer there Ol'Baldy! ALmost sounded like i was listending to the tag-line on a pharmaceutical commercial.

j/k

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration