Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

textured photo

Old 12-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Re: textured photo

Hello dear friends. Sorry to answer so late, we are very close to the Christmas and the tasks my wife assigned to my back are too heavy. No time for anything. Neither for restorations, people will kill me.
What`s that "KPT Equalizer" (secretagents: One pass of KPT Equalizer plus levels. Cool no ??) Is it free or pay? Where should I download it? You know I`m a completely beast about plugins. Maybe this will help me for the first step and save some time. This is the tipical artistical restoration, the filter is the 2%, the rest of 98% is paint and paint untill your eyes shoot out from your head. This should be named pain instead of paint, hahaha!! Thank you all for the good words and critics about my work. All this is very important for me. That`s how one can understand and improve what he`s doing.
Well, I`ll try to anticipate some discussion about the routine.
First of all, I like to paint in the grey scale. I size the image to 6"x8" or 8"x10" and 800dpi. I use an additional layer, an punctual copy of the main (background) which will be painted. Make "invisible" the layer/copy and start painting on the background. Every minute, while I`m doing that, I activate (for moments only) the untouched layer above to mantain the originative image. That`s why I like to pain(t) in the grey scale. Two lyers x 800dpi in RGB mode should be too heavy, about 160-170Mb at least.
I think too the best idea is about open a couple of new posts about this and share the way each one of us is doing his work. But, let`s say we`ll do this some days later. For me is very few time now and I also must share these holly days with my family.
Well, I want the best wishes to all of you and God bless your families and bring us a lot of health, happiness and fortune.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2009, 03:37 AM

Hi Florin, KPT Equalizer is not free and it is part of the Corel KPT Collection which can be bought from Corel. Hope this helps. Cheers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:56 AM

Thanks a lot my friend. In fact, the photo is larger, the man is rised and full body. I`ll try to get this software and apply.
I`ll let this job for January. Now I`m too busy in my house tasks.
Best regards
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2010, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Der_W View Post
Have you already tried the techniques described here:

I gave it a try:
Great work!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:59 PM

Here is my try!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baby-best2.jpg (99.1 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration