Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

textured photo

Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Florin's Avatar
Florin Florin is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trujillo - Venezuela
Posts: 251
Re: textured photo

Hello dear friends. Sorry to answer so late, we are very close to the Christmas and the tasks my wife assigned to my back are too heavy. No time for anything. Neither for restorations, people will kill me.
What`s that "KPT Equalizer" (secretagents: One pass of KPT Equalizer plus levels. Cool no ??) Is it free or pay? Where should I download it? You know I`m a completely beast about plugins. Maybe this will help me for the first step and save some time. This is the tipical artistical restoration, the filter is the 2%, the rest of 98% is paint and paint untill your eyes shoot out from your head. This should be named pain instead of paint, hahaha!! Thank you all for the good words and critics about my work. All this is very important for me. That`s how one can understand and improve what he`s doing.
Well, I`ll try to anticipate some discussion about the routine.
First of all, I like to paint in the grey scale. I size the image to 6"x8" or 8"x10" and 800dpi. I use an additional layer, an punctual copy of the main (background) which will be painted. Make "invisible" the layer/copy and start painting on the background. Every minute, while I`m doing that, I activate (for moments only) the untouched layer above to mantain the originative image. That`s why I like to pain(t) in the grey scale. Two lyers x 800dpi in RGB mode should be too heavy, about 160-170Mb at least.
I think too the best idea is about open a couple of new posts about this and share the way each one of us is doing his work. But, let`s say we`ll do this some days later. For me is very few time now and I also must share these holly days with my family.
Well, I want the best wishes to all of you and God bless your families and bring us a lot of health, happiness and fortune.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2009, 04:37 AM
secretagents secretagents is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 310
Re: textured photo

Hi Florin, KPT Equalizer is not free and it is part of the Corel KPT Collection which can be bought from Corel. Hope this helps. Cheers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Florin's Avatar
Florin Florin is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trujillo - Venezuela
Posts: 251
Re: textured photo

Thanks a lot my friend. In fact, the photo is larger, the man is rised and full body. I`ll try to get this software and apply.
I`ll let this job for January. Now I`m too busy in my house tasks.
Best regards
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2010, 03:13 AM
myphotogenie myphotogenie is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 3
Re: textured photo

Originally Posted by Der_W View Post
Have you already tried the techniques described here:

I gave it a try:
Great work!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Cupcake's Avatar
Cupcake Cupcake is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 816
Re: textured photo

Here is my try!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baby-best2.jpg (99.1 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote top

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dating a full plate Tintype photo SteveinPa History, Conservation, and Repair 17 03-27-2011 01:46 PM
June 2009 Photo Competition: Entries Frank Lopes Photography 12 06-29-2009 02:54 PM
How do I reduce grain in old photo? One4UAll Photo Restoration 6 03-23-2008 02:15 PM
Photo Restoration @ Affordable Rate radixindia Classifieds 0 03-23-2008 12:10 PM
Honeycombs on entire photo Gerald McClaren Photo Restoration 7 11-23-2007 01:50 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved