RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

please to donate photos that need restored?

Old 01-15-2010, 12:19 AM

Re: please to donate photos that need restored?

Justin,

A few suggestions for your very nice website.

1. Use a light color, perhaps light blue or yellow, for your links. Black ones on a dark blue background are practically invisible. Customers won't click them if they don't know they are there.

2. Your "I" and "we" pronouns used throughout your site should consistently be only one or the other, but not both.

Otherwise, terrific!

Rhonda
www.dazzleimaging.net
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2010, 12:32 AM

Thanks for the kind words about the site, personally I find it dreadful, it looks like the oldschool angelfire hosting sites lol. Erols anyone?! My friend was willing to build it for free on the condition I design it. Like some of the others here I am sure, I am not much of a CREATOR as I am a EDITOR of the already created so I am not a fan of it but its what I came up with from nothing.

As for the I and the WE what are your suggestions in terms of sellng. I want them to think personal (so I went with the I) but I also dont want them to realize the truth its just me doing my thing solo and maybe would seem unreliable (so I added the WE) I know it shouldnt be both, maybe I will flip a coin.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2010, 12:50 AM

"We" can be very personal with creativity, good taste and style. It's important to be convincing that "all of us" (even if all is just one) have the customer's best interests at heart, and you can be convincing if that is your true objective. I think you should skip the coin toss and just go with "we."
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2010, 01:01 AM

Robert (Slash-5),

You offer some excellent marketing ideas. I'm going to try them or some variation of them, and, yes, I think you SHOULD teach a photography business class! I like your website too.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2010, 09:31 AM

ha yea, i am all about putting some flyers up and doing some probono that is pretty genius
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2010, 09:22 PM

actually, using "I" if it's indeed just you doing the work, is not only proper (and not misleading), but some folks prefer a person with a name doing the work rather than an impersonal 'company'. so, dont sell 'I' short.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2010, 10:09 PM

here's the web addresses for the smithsonian and the national archives. i'd check the latter first and do be careful to check copyrights.

the smithsonian: http://www.si.edu/

the national archives: http://www.archives.gov/

the national archives is probably the best place to go, but it's a rather large site and a bit tricky to find things sometimes. the best approach i've found is go look at the very top of the first page and look for 'subject index'. hit that and on the new page, scroll down to 'photographs'. there is a list there of subjects. just pick one and you shld find some appropriate items to be worked on
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration