RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

How do you match textures, tones, etc on 2 photos?

Old 03-16-2010, 03:02 PM

Re: How do you match textures, tones, etc on 2 pho

Thanks OlBaldy....I guess I was in the process of posting my last message at the same time as you. Thanks for your kindness. I DO keep a notebook of before and afters just in case I might get good enough to do this for someone other than myself and family someday.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2010, 12:55 AM

Santalady,
I hate to say it but it looks like you missed a speck.... aaah, just kidding I just couldn't resist after sooo many people begged you to stop.

Looks very very good. I think after you rest from it for a while, you may come back and experiment slightly with the contrast. It's an interesting image, and could look good as a small or a large print. If you ever decide to print larger, you may in fact have to do a little more tweaking, but not much.

You are lucky to have come across such an interesting and good piece of family photography. Most of us don't have such interesting pieces to work on. Best of luck putting it away.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2010, 04:16 PM

Thanks TommyO.......now about tweaking the contrast.... No, I'm kidding, too. I am finished with it. At least until I get a print ordered and see how it looks. Then we'll see.

Since I am the family genealogist I am fortunate to have tons of these photos. Most of them don't have this much work to be done, but I do get a lot of practice on family photos. It has been a labor of love learning how to bring these photos back to a nice condition. I only wish that I had access to all of the originals. The scan makes all the difference in the world!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration