RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Estimate advice for photo restoration (digital)

Old 03-01-2011, 07:15 PM

Re: Estimate advice for photo restoration (digital

"when to stop? I often find myself going well above and beyond what is expected for clients in order to provide that "wow factor" that keeps them coming back.."
This is a great truth, so, so real. I was doing this all my life, never was able to stop a project in some milestone because of the budget. I think 90% what I'm doing is going beyond the average payment but this is not bothering me, if fact this was the "pushing factor" which allowed my progress. Sometimes (this sounds funny, please don't LOL I'm thinking in the current job like mine, I'm getting involved more and more and love it. Sounds stupid because everyone needs money, this is the reason of our job but I like more what you call "wow", this make me sometimes feel the real happiness. This "wow" has no price. You asked... "when to stop?"... Never, man, never stop. This is the only way to get better quality and stay in the front line. Thank you for your nice comments, I really appreciate this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2011, 08:23 PM

I sent a post now and desappeard. This is strange....
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2011, 01:19 PM

Florin do you use any plugins or non-Photoshop software to do your color restorations? I was looking at "Recolored" as an option but have no experience with it. http://www.recolored.com/ I don't have the continual need to do recoloring to B&W's but it does come up from time to time, so any software that would assist me, I'm always a fan of =)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Bill,
I appologise to answer so late but I had a lot of work ongoing. I'm almost ready with the files I need to send today. And, we are all with health problems now. There is a strong rains season now in Venezuela, a lot of humidity and cold weather too. My grandoughter who lives with us caught a neumonia last week, this is very serious. Get better now but this ilness is very dangerous. The rest of the family have flu, caught, sneeze and so on. I took some 12 y/o Ballantines medicine today and feel a little better.
The flickr link you sent is broken, must check.
I'm coloring my pics in a very simple way: every color is a layer; borders are adjusted with a layer mask, eliminating which is extra; change the layers blending mode this way: face in color, hair, clothes etc in soft light. Adjust opacity with test/error. It's easy and layer mask is more quickly than doing selections/masks over each area to be colorized. Try this way and ask me if you need more detrils. Face have always 2 layers/colors, the skin color and a soft pink for the cheeks.
I don't think that using a software you could have better resoults. I've been seeing here great colorizing samples made by our forum companions. There are fine tutorials here too.
Thank you and speak soon

Last edited by Florin; 03-04-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florin View Post
woooooooooow florin, my respect...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration