RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Resizing images

Old 07-24-2002, 04:26 AM

resizing...

Why is it that when I tried to my friend computer and I tried to change the image size of a small image to bigger image size there appeared no blots or less pixels? I thought resizing it makes it less clearer? Is it bec. they use PANTONE? ALthough I have no idea what PANTONE is cuz i don't know use color management?In the attach letter pls. give me ideas how to change the white border around the first circle so that it will be same as the black one on the next circle? bec. I can't use air brush sometimes it juswt overlaps. Thanks for reading this.
Attached Images
File Type: gif cirlce-2.gif (10.9 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2002, 04:40 AM

Pantone inks are inks that are used in Printing mainly garfield, really unless you have a deep interest in print media then I would steer clear of their uses. Rest assured that it has no meaning in relation to the increasing image size.

As for your cirlce dillemma do the following:

Press Q on the keyboard to enable quick mask, with a paintbrush cover over the white highlight in the centre of coloured circle.

Press Q again and you will see marching ants appear around the white highlight, this means that it is now protected.

Choose, Select>Colour Range. You will notice that an eyedropper tool is now selected. Click on the white border that you want to get rid of, and press delete.

You may have to play around with the sliders in the Colour Range to get the desired result - but its only by experimenting and going wrong a few times that you will learn anything

good luck
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2002, 07:07 AM

Re: resizing...

Quote:
Originally posted by garfield
Why is it that when I tried to my friend computer and I tried to change the image size of a small image to bigger image size there appeared no blots or less pixels? I thought resizing it makes it less clearer.......
This depends on how much bigger you make it. if you make it a little bit bigger, sometimes you don't see pixels. If you make it a lot bigger, you will see them.

Also, sometimes if you make a picture bigger, it will still look good on your screen (monitor), but not if you print it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration