RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Body language and genetics

Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 AM

Body language and genetics

I find it amazing how similar these two men's heads title even though they lives many many years apart. It just goes to show the power of genetics and how we pass things on from one generation to another. My client gave me both photos. He wants me to use this newer photo to replace the scratched out eyes of his ancestor. By the way, does anyone have a good tip on how I can do this?
Isn't the similarity of the two amazing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amazinggenetics.jpg (95.1 KB, 51 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Patron

Re: Body language and genetics

First I believe I would take the Original and run it through a FFT filter to remove the Half Tone dots/texture ( Using the FFT filter to remove photgraphic paper texture ).... do a good levels and/or curves adjustment to get the best possible image of the original... make it B/W (if needed).... Convert the color version to B/W .. then combine the eyes
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post
First I believe I would take the Original and run it through a FFT filter to remove the Half Tone dots/texture ( Using the FFT filter to remove photgraphic paper texture ).... do a good levels and/or curves adjustment to get the best possible image of the original... make it B/W (if needed).... Convert the color version to B/W .. then combine the eyes
I never used this filter before. I will look into it. But don't you worry this filter might take away from the original image?

Do you know where I can find this filter? Do I have to purchase it?

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by LookingUp; 01-04-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingUp View Post
I never used this filter before. I will look into it. But don't you worry this filter might take away from the original image?

Do you know where I can find this filter? Do I have to purchase it?

Thanks for your reply.
You don't need to purchase the FFT filter you can search on this forum how to download it or search google it's free.

helen
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Patron

The link provided ( Using the FFT filter to remove photgraphic paper texture ) gives good FFT explanations....

@ Fourier Transform Plug-in you can download the filter and see examples of removing the Dots from halftone printing..

If you could provide a link to a full sized scan of the original before any repairs I'm sure we could show you the effects of the filter when applied..

If you use Photoshop you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Photoshop as described here: Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

To post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread, but also please attach an under 100K version (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).

Other Hosts if you do not have your own site: ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) photobucket.com (1 Meg max free, 5 Meg PRO) mediafire.com (100 Meg per file, free) post a link in the thread to the site that is hosting the larger image.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration