RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

need advice on restoring clothes

Old 01-12-2012, 04:56 AM

need advice on restoring clothes

Hello everyone,

Would like your expert advices on how I can repair both the bride and groom clothes I can deal with restorations and the blowup highlights on the bride dress but wonder if there is a photoshop clothes brush or pattern I can use to make the groom suits and the bride's dress better.

I am after linen pattern or brush to match the bride and stripe pattern for the groom.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1472188...n/photostream/

Many thanks in advance

helen
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Patron

Re: need advice on restoring clothes

Helen, looking at your image I suspect that all the image information you need is likely to be in the original, which although shows signs of physical damage looks to be in good order overall.

You may find better image information if you have the original and scan again this time in 48 bit (16bit per channel colour). It could be helpful in finding extra image info in any of the RGB channels and also help in covering abrasions etc.

As to pattern brush well perhaps you can make one or use the patch tool to bring suit and dress pattern to the areas you feel lacking.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony W View Post
Helen, looking at your image I suspect that all the image information you need is likely to be in the original, which although shows signs of physical damage looks to be in good order overall.

You may find better image information if you have the original and scan again this time in 48 bit (16bit per channel colour). It could be helpful in finding extra image info in any of the RGB channels and also help in covering abrasions etc.

As to pattern brush well perhaps you can make one or use the patch tool to bring suit and dress pattern to the areas you feel lacking.
Thanks Tony you've given me an idea about the pattern brush I have one of katrin eismann books and there's mentioned about creating pattern from an area where is there are some details I might go that way.

A lot of times the problems are when people don't know how to scan a photo thus! making it harder to restore the image the image is not mine but i'm just restore it for practice sake.

helen
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-13-2012, 05:52 AM

I have restored suits before and found to replace the lines in the suit if they were particularly damaged i drew them out using the rectangular marquee. Build up a section of lines say for the arm. position them over the image on a separate layer and use , warp, puppet warp, or distort to make the flow the same way as on the original photo. Then its just a matter of blending them in properly with the correct amount of grain, hue, sat, blur etc.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezbitten View Post
I have restored suits before and found to replace the lines in the suit if they were particularly damaged i drew them out using the rectangular marquee. Build up a section of lines say for the arm. position them over the image on a separate layer and use , warp, puppet warp, or distort to make the flow the same way as on the original photo. Then its just a matter of blending them in properly with the correct amount of grain, hue, sat, blur etc.
Thanks I am not as clever but I shall give it a go any tip is valuable.

helen
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration