RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Examples of our restoration work

Old 08-15-2001, 11:17 AM

the florida contigent

And I'm just up the road a spell in Stuart! DJ- isn't there a photographic center in Delray Beach where they offer courses and have exhibits.We're still somewhat of a backwater up here culturally speaking but with great PS courses at our local community college I'm staring to meet other folks in the community who are into digital imaging. There is a strong MAC users group here which meets monthly in the library and I sometimes go to one of their workshops if they have something of interest.Must leave now for something but I'll post later.( My friends think I need more face-to -face human contact in my life!)PC
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2001, 11:25 AM

hey chris-

that's some good work. i have to agree with the majority on preferences, granddad and wedding were mine, too. the saddle in granddad made me want to touch it; i felt like somebody could just jump on any minute. and boy would i love to see the brides outfit face to face; i love to look @ the detail and craftsmanship on vintage clothes, you have featured it admirably.

i wonder how old that one of grandma moses is. and i wonder how old she was in it. i'm 51, and i'll bet she was in that ballpark. i have noticed that before in old pictures, how people my age look a lot older. (altho i may be kidding myself) wonder if a few generations hence, they will be saying that about me.

and your grandparents both have such kind faces, that's really neat what you were able to give your mom. precious. good job.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2001, 02:04 PM

Thanks Kathleen,

I wish I could show you the original in real life as I've never seen anything quite like it.

I'm just not sure what was done as I said it isn't any kind of a photo but more like maybe a sketching perhaps. Very different looking.

It was on paper versus photo type paper and very brittle so needless to say I held my breath throughout the scanning process.

Thanks again for the input all.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2001, 05:07 AM

Debbie, great work! My favorie is "Muscles" You really did an excellent job on that.

Chris W. - great job too. I especially like your coloring of the wedding photo, beautiful job.

I also have a portfolio online atwww.lifetimephoto.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2001, 07:39 AM

Chris,

Nice colorization jobs. I like the “grandparents” photo where you combined them both into a computer-generated frame. Nice touch. My only criticism there is that her hair looks a little hard. Need a few of those whispies that get lost when you cut out a person from their original background.

I really like the “grand-dad” photo. It’s nicely colored and just an overall neat photo. I also agree with everyone else that the “wedding” and “grand-dad” photos are so attractive because you made the people stand out from their backgrounds. Great job!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2001, 07:47 AM

DJ,

Nice work. The “man at the bar” restoration was very impressive. I bet that took a while to restore. I also like the
“sisters custom” photo. The results look like the two had their photo taken together verses you combining two separate photos. Great job.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2001, 08:25 AM

Thanks Vikki and T for the nice comments. Yes a few of those were real hair raising experiences.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2001, 08:39 AM

Thanks T,

You're right on the hair and that is something I have been trying to work on...getting all the whispies when I crop. It's a tough one but I'll get it sooner or later with practice.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2001, 01:41 PM

hey vikki-

i had come across your site sometime in the past (before i found this one), and i was then, and am now, endlessly impressed. love your work.

i looked at each and every one, the one that stands out the most in my mind is the watercolor dog. i think if you didn't know it was a photo, you wouldn't know it was a photo.

actually should prob have posted this under "our favorite business sites", because it qualifies. you inspired me early on and still. thanks kc
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2001, 01:50 PM

Vikki,

I had also visited your site some time back and am very impressed.

I have a picture somewhat like the man in front of the house where I assume light had leaked in the camera or the film was not totally rewound when it was opened...anyway, there is a large red blotch across the front of the picture...to this day I still try different methods to get it fixed but no luck yet. The good parts of the picture are very dark so maybe that's what the problem is...I'm still trying different things to get it restored.

Very nice work and a large applause to you.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration