RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Error message: "drawing file is not valid"

Old 11-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Error message: "drawing file is not valid"

I'm using version 2004. A friend sent me two files (generated by someone other than him).
When I tried to open the files in version 04 (which is what I use)... I've got the same error message (drawing file is not valid).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Patron

Re: Error message: "drawing file is not valid"

Drawing file not valid - the message does not appear to be a photo editing app e.g. Photoshop etc. so I am guessing that these files may be from a CAD program, AutoCad maybe?

If it is a CAD program the file may be either .dwg or .dxf and it may be that you need to convert either of these to a format acceptable by older (2004) software.

Without more information this is just a stab in the dark
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Patron

Download IrfanView and the PlugIns/AddOns (free)

I have found that it will open an abundance of image, movie, music, etc.. files when other programs fail
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2014, 04:49 PM

Simple and easy steps what to do if .dwg is corrupted, you may see on- http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum...ing-dwg-format – or if you want ask a question and you may get appropriate answer.

The other kind of file that will be useful is the BAK file. This file is actually a copy of the file before the last save. This means that the first time that a file is saved, no BAK file will exist. The second time a drawing is saved, the BAK file will be created containing the information from the first save. These files are created in the same directory where the drawing is located. BAK files will only be created if the setting to create BAK files is toggled on. This can be found in the OPTIONS box under the Open and Save tab, “Create backup copy with each save.” Change the file extension from .BAK to .DWG, rename the file to something different than the original, and open it up in AutoCAD.

Compare the .SV$, .BAK, and the original .DWG to determine which is the most up-to-date, and that it contains all of the drawing data. Retain a backup of all of the original files, and rename the appropriate file to the original DWG name. Finally, there’s a chance that the drawing is corrupted. After saving the drawing run the AUDIT command choose YES to fix all the errors. You should now be ready to continue drawing.

Particular commands tend to crash the program more than others like hatch and 3d orbit. It is a good idea to QSAVE before you run these commands, or any others you find that crash the program.

Finally you may take a look at DWG Viewer Tool

Software demo version is free: http://www.dwg.viewertool.com/
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2014, 07:02 AM

Thank you a lot GAbiB281, I found a lot of useful info for me in your advice
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration