RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Cosmetology

Old 09-08-2001, 01:37 AM

You silly girls... Forget about Mary Kay. Look in Vogue, Bazaar etc. I'm a guy and even I know how to put on make-up. Of course, I'm a guy in a girl's body, still...

http://home.t-online.de/home/340009738558/mini.htm
http://www.fashist-online.com/

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 09-09-2001 at 05:58 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2001, 06:59 AM

Mig, I checked out your links, but I must have missed something, they seem to feature models over cosmetics.
I found this page that shows some pictures (most only have text) with instructions.
http://www.geocities.com/FashionAven...eauty2.html#If your face is wider than average
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2001, 02:14 PM

How about just hanging around the makeup counters in the department stores and watch the product reps make up the ladies? Another thought is trying to locate a textbook that is used for cosmetology classes. Believe it or not, it's actually offered at our local community college and it just might be fun to peek in and see what they are doing sometime. It's gotten to be a big business in some parts of the country. Many woman now get professionally made-up for weddings and major social events.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2001, 06:02 PM

Maybe I'm not sure what we're talking about here. The links were posted because I was thinking there really isn't much of a need to learn 'how' to put on make-up, but rather, how to digitally fake it, and by looking at fashion mags, scans, sites, etc, you can learn to simulate what they're doing to apply make-up and other things, such as removing blemishes, fixing hair, etc, because almost all the pictures you see in a fashion mag have gone through photoshop and/or painter first. There was a big article about this in Graphics Design magazine about 6 months ago. Granted, making a woman in an old picture look like Kate Moss would be silly, but for modern pictures it's a helpful resource if you're into that kind of thing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2001, 06:33 PM

Mig,
You are correct in your assumptions. Those are valuable resources to some who are familiar with the basics of make up. However some people want more than the visual since alot of the make up artists apply it in such a fashion that it is rather subtle to the eyes. What the application tips do is teach us how to highlight certain features, how to follow the curves of the cheek bones, maybe use shadowing to conceal a pronounced feature while highlighting others. Also what colors apply best for what skin tones, hair color and eye types. The glamour mags are great as a visual but we were also looking for techniques in application.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2002, 07:14 PM

Joe (Joey B) Blasco.

Joe (Joey B) Blasco

A few make-up people I know use his make-up for shoots. He does (has) a glamour line of make-up as well for print work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2002, 09:57 PM

I do makeup all the time on my work and all I need is a color picker, though fashon mags would be a good resourse for color combos, one could make a chart like the 2 a lot of us have for hair and skin. To me personally, the eye makeup would be the most valuable tool. Don't mag adds or stores have little sample sheets like paint chips with different ones on them?
greg
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2002, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by paulette conlan
How about just hanging around the makeup counters in the department stores and watch the product reps make up the ladies?
A guy could get arrested for that!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2002, 11:37 AM

ULTIMATE MAKEUP

Now, some of you know that I am very serious about art, and computer graphics and have no time for frivolity when it comes to my art. That's why, today I must warn that when you see what I brung you, might fall out of your computer chairs, or go into a laughing, choking fit.

I have found the ultimate source for Dougs mission. In the past, I have spent hours, even days searcing for one little item to make a picture more alive, but this time I found what I was looking for in a 1/2 hour. Please don't think ill of my for posting this, as I think it goes right to the heart of the makeup matter, and will bring much learning and knowlege to everyone involved. Not only do we have a picture, we have free software.
http://www.worldwidebeautystore.com/...makeover.shtml

fugitive: still lookin for the one armed man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg makup kit.jpg (92.5 KB, 107 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2002, 11:48 AM
Janitor

That's actually kind of cool

Too bad the results are kind of cartoony looking, but it would be great for ideas.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration