RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Restoration Example

Old 09-26-2003, 02:12 PM

Restoration Example

Spent some time working on this one today. I used Adobe Photoshop 7. I started with color adjustment (Color Balance, Curves, and some selections to correct skin tone) and then used healing brush & cloning brush to correct some yellow splotches. I then used a blank layer and some brush painting to smooth over the look of the skin and add slight blue tint to the sky so his shirt wouldn't fade into the background. The image is still not as sharp as I would like, but considering where it started from I am reasonably pleased.

The original
http://scw1217.instantlogic.com/imag...F11559A%7D.jpg

The final image
http://scw1217.instantlogic.com/imag...C5310DF%7D.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-02-2003, 11:55 PM

Not a bad Job at all. The Hightlights are really blown out though. I was playing around with it a little bit in photoshop but due to my kids closing out photoshop and not saving it I cant show you what I did

What I did was to add a levels correction level and made corrections to nearly where you had them, then in the mask I set my brush opacity to about 13% and then brushed back the blown out highlights and shadows.

Btw checked out your web site and enjoyed your photography. Good Work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2003, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Noko
Not a bad Job at all. The Hightlights are really blown out though. I was playing around with it a little bit in photoshop but due to my kids closing out photoshop and not saving it I cant show you what I did

Btw checked out your web site and enjoyed your photography. Good Work.
Thanks. LOL@your kids. Mine is old enough to know better but still I can understand. I appreciate your taking the time to work on it. I was fairly pleased with the results considering how poor the original was. It is a little grainy for my taste, but since noone is paying me for this project (LOL) I am satisfied enough to move on.

And thanks for taking the time to look at my photos too. That is more along my line, but I love doing restorations.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration