RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

Photos Too Dark.......

Old 03-28-2004, 06:02 PM

Question Photos Too Dark.......

A friend of mine went out taking photos and came across a bald eagle. He got some amazing shots, but they are all too dark. He did not have his flash with him and now he wants me to fix this for him. I tried to do one of the photos, but the lighter it got the more noise was noticeable and the colors changed. Can someone help me please? I would like to salvage some of the photos for him. They are really good if I can figure a way to save them. Thanks for any help you can give to me on this..............
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2004, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotofreak
A friend of mine went out taking photos and came across a bald eagle. He got some amazing shots, but they are all too dark. He did not have his flash with him and now he wants me to fix this for him. I tried to do one of the photos, but the lighter it got the more noise was noticeable and the colors changed. Can someone help me please? I would like to salvage some of the photos for him. They are really good if I can figure a way to save them. Thanks for any help you can give to me on this..............
If you can post a scan of one of the pictures, it helps with how to fix it

- Noel
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2004, 11:18 PM

Photo

I do not know how to post an image on this site. I tried and it wants to link to an image off of another site. It will not allow me to upload a photo. If you could please let me know how to do this I will gladly post a photo. Thanks for your help........
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2004, 01:04 AM

Quote:
I do not know how to post an image on this site. I tried and it wants to link to an image off of another site. It will not allow me to upload a photo. If you could please let me know how to do this I will gladly post a photo. Thanks for your help........
Go down a little bit under the reply area and you'll see a manage attachments button.

That allows you to upload an attachment to your message without having to link to it.

- Noel
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2004, 02:33 AM

Hi fotofreak,

Quote:
Here is a step by step description on how to attach images to Posts or Threads

You can attach up to 5 images per Post wich must not exceed the 100 KB file size limit each...

In order to keep them to a workable size I suggest about 800x600 pixels at a resolution of 72 pixels/inch.... but you can 'play' with this .....

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2004, 02:25 PM

Photos too Dark

Well here it is. There is a picture of an eagle in there I swear. I just hope that this can be saved.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0031.JPG (75.5 KB, 56 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2004, 11:20 PM

Quote:
.....There is a picture of an eagle in there I swear. I just hope that this can be saved.........
Yep!!

There is an eagle alright ....

I managed to uncover it.... and tons of noise with it, mostly using the 'Levels'

.... It's terrible, I know, but it's the best I could do ....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_Eagle.jpg (98.3 KB, 69 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2004, 12:43 AM

Thank You..........

Thank you for trying Flora. I do appreciate it. I guess he will know next time not to leave home without his flash unit. Thanks again Flora.......
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2004, 01:22 AM

I must say, that picture was the most challenging to work with so far this month

I couldn't do much better than Flora, but I have to admit when I saw the bird come out I was really surprised he was actually hiding in there!

- Noel
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2004, 01:30 AM

Thanks for trying......

Well thanks for trying Noel. I thought maybe someone here could do something to fix this photo. I guess nothing could fix this photo. I have seen photos just as bad as this one fixed, but that was by a governmental institution that shall remain nameless. Again, thank you for trying. I do appreciate it............
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration