RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

There's an Idiot Amoung Us

Old 04-11-2004, 02:01 PM

Oy!

Copyright is copyright and if this kid is ignorant enough to think he/she/it can steal your stuff then he/she/it is probably stealing from others also. All it take is one mis-step and he/she/it is wide open to civil and possible criminal actions.

Copyrights are yours the moment you create the image and they stays yours unless you legally transfer one or more of them to someone else. Watermarking an image doesn't change or enhance that status at all. Besides, if he/she/it can't handle a simple job like cleaning up a watermark they won't have a job for long anyway.

Hardly seems worth the risk to fake a portfolio.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2004, 04:46 PM

I find it hard to believe that a person of this "maturity" level can be able to hold a job?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2004, 05:33 PM

Hi Vikki,

I've just been to your site (really, really great .... at least, Image Stealer shows good taste!!!) ....

I saw that, of course, you have an e-mail address in the headings ....

Just curious .... did you get the messages through the RP Mailer? If positive, then yes ... the individual is a member ....
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2004, 05:56 PM

Flora, no I did not receive the email through RP, it was sent via the link at my site (thanks for the nice comments!)
This individual said in the email "see you at RetouchPro", and in the second email, acknowledged they had read this post about the email.
The person wants to remain anonymous and has used a fake email address. If they had sent it through RP, I would have been able to see who sent it. I have an idea who it is, but I do not intend to pursue this. I just wanted to give everyone a "heads up" that an individual such as this, is amongst us.

Actually, if that person wanted to pull my chain, they should have said that they stole my photos for their portfolio, and was rejected because of them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2004, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki
...The person wants to remain anonymous and has used a fake email address. If they had sent it through RP, I would have been able to see who sent it.
Sure .... how silly of me!!! (great detective I am!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki
Actually, if that person wanted to pull my chain, they should have said that they stole my photos for their portfolio, and was rejected because of them.
Nobody in his/her right mind would even think of rejecting any of your works!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2004, 01:24 AM

What everyone else has already said - except that my guess is that this 'person' just gets a thrill out of trying to stir things up and everthing is fabricated to that end. Doesn't matter where the truth is when considering that motivation.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2004, 02:52 AM

Oh dear oh dear.

I just was to your site Vikki. I'll just have to echo Flora. Is it ok with you if I too steal your portfolio? I'll never ever get anywhere close to what you can do. It seems retouching and restoration is not for me

I agree with Roger, who agrees with me and more or less everybody else. The Internet is a wonderful place for the spineless.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2004, 02:58 AM

The moronity of human kind never ceases to amaze me. As so many others have already said, anyone who thinks they can steal work of quality and pass it off as their own when they don't have the talent, is beyond cretinous.
But this seems more like a peurile attempt to wind you up. Best to treat it with the contempt it deserves. Keep up the good work, some of us like to try and emulate it by more conventional means, ie. by learning from your technique and skill. Gary
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2004, 08:51 AM

heh heh...perhaps we should track him down and tell his mom....
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2004, 04:19 PM

Wow!!! Im so sorry to hear this happened!! What a talentless moron!

If these were stolen from your own site, then your host for your site should have a list of who visited your site and who DLed anything. Even if they are posting your pics on another site. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration