RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

There's an Idiot Amoung Us

Old 04-12-2004, 04:53 PM

There's no way one rotten apple is getting to this group!

Flora, you are always so kind.
Gary & Roger, I agree. Just pulling my chain.
Rexx, lol. Have you seen any of my earlier works?
Jeff, I say we take away his allowance for a week too.
CCC, I can see who visits my site, to a certain extent, but what is DLed?
Chip, excellent point about removing the watermark. I'd also like to see the reaction to "how'd you do that?".
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2004, 08:00 PM

DLed= Downlaoded... If he sent an email.. check the email headers and lookf or the originating IP and then do a trecert and resolve it to the username+copmpany.. file a complaint with the ISP and get his account dropped
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2004, 09:02 PM

I suspect this person is getting some satisfaction at stirring things up, but while they can steal images, it's comforting to know they cannot steal talent.

Being very familiar with Vikki's work, I think that they at least have good taste.

Alan
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2004, 10:02 PM

Stealing your stuff is definitely a form of flattery.

Review all the threads where you made posts a day or two before receiving the first e-mail, and look at the profiles of the people in the threads and look for someone who's first language isn't english. The person is probably fairly new to RP.

Not too hard to narrow it down that way, and once you have, and assuming it's a fairly new contributor, then review all their posts for more clues, ie. their use of language, areas of potential hurt feelings, stuff like that. See if your name pops up in those threads where they contributed. You're looking for someone with probably sub-50 posts, probably European, and probably not as young as most would think.

Mig
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcutler
... but while they can steal images, it's comforting to know they cannot steal talent. Alan
Excellent point, and well said, Alan!

Vikki, you're taking a mature attitude about this person's childishness -- of course, I would expect no less of you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig
look for someone who's first language isn't english. You're looking for someone with probably sub-50 posts, probably European, and probably not as young as most would think.
Hey Mig, that was really dirty! I thought my English was quite good? And I'm not that old yet And I think I am closing in on 100 posts now. Soon a Senior member! Watch out for "hurt feelings"!

BTW, "English" with a capital E please! And "whose", not "who's"

For the record (in case anyone's in doubt): Just joking

I don't agree about the first language. If you read the messages of the Bulgarian virus authors, they are far worse than this, littered with errors of all sorts, speeling, gramar and general lack understanding language the of. I go for the immaturity theory, an 11 year old in a 20-some body.

One outcome of this that I assume has been totally unexpected for our "young" friend is that instead of becoming the fearsome cyber terrorist he is now the RP village idiot. Every post about him just adds to the laughter. Which gives me a new idea. Look for someone so ashamed he has stopped posting

Any Trekkies among us? (Did I mention an 11 year old in a grown body? Uh...). In one episode (TOS I think, yes it was Kirk) there was an entity that thrived off fear and hatred. They annihilated it by laughing.

My children used to think they were smarter than us if we were unable to guess when there was no data available. The "Image Stealer" reminds me of this. Since we don't know who it is, he must be smarter than us.

So whoever you are out there, and I know you are reading this post, since you love attention, perhaps the attention is changing into something you're not so happy about. I'm actually starting to ... What a jerk!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 07:29 AM

Fellows,

I've been on other forums with trolls such as this guy. It seems they invariably feed on attention, even if it's negative. They also don't seem to be bothered by accurate analyses of their psychological shortcomings.

The only thing I think would work in taming their attention fetish is to not give them that attention.

That said, I wonder why I'm posting this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 08:13 AM

Fake

Chaps and Chapesses,

Sounds to me that this bloke is on the windup. Don't let it bother you. If it is true then he is'nt gonna get far in a job that he got with other peoples work. He sounds like a sado and if this new job gets him out of the house and away from his dull life then I'm pleased we could help. At least we gave somone a life, pity he couldn't get one on his own.

Laters Lex.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki
The person wants to remain anonymous and has used a fake email address. If they had sent it through RP, I would have been able to see who sent it. I have an idea who it is, but I do not intend to pursue this.
You know if you wanted to you could track him anyways through your internet provider - everything can be tracked (People are STUPID to think otherwise). What they are doing is a form of stalking and harassment and is punishable under the law. Indeed juvenile because if they knew the possible ramifications of their actions they wouldn't have tried to antagonize you via email. This isn't just simple copyright infringement. (Sorry about the typo's - I'm tired)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 01:33 PM

Misguided moron

Hate to give more "press" to this donk, but I just had to add something. Eventually when he/she/it discovers their own painful lack of talent, they'll move on to stealing more tangible things--and wind up in a place where they can only steal soap from the shower floor. Smiles, Vikki. You sure have a lot of "big brothers and sisters" sticking up for you on the playground!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration