Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Restoration Repairing damaged photos

There's an Idiot Amoung Us

Old 04-13-2004, 06:21 PM
It sounds to me like this person didn't download anything from your site at all - that would be too much work for someone like this. The email part is the easy part. They're probably not even a member of this forum.

The aim behind this sort of scam is to get you paranoid and looking sideways...and the last thing they want to hear is that you pushed the delete button once you got to the end of the first sentence - which is what I do to nearly 99% of the emails I'm getting is more like once I have read the first two words in the subject line.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Rex wrote: Hey Mig, that was really dirty!
BTW, "English" with a capital E please! And "whose", not "who's"

Truth is, my first language is actually French.
And I can right-click, too. Could be me.

I have to disagree that this person is young. There aren't many young people who bother with RP. It's too boring for them. Besides, the person was probably drunk when they e-mailed Vicky. I don't know too many 11 year olds who drink beer in the middle of the night.
I still say it's a new member who's only been here a couple months. Type of person who's skills are average-to-good, certainly not as good as Vicky's, someone who has a web site, who's absorbed with copyright and watermarks, and who tries retouching for a living.
A person who's jealous of Vicky's success and skill.

It's a witch hunt.

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by Mig
Truth is, my first language is actually French.
Hey, my first issue ever (No 263) of Chasseur d'Images arrived yesterday! 200 pages. Pictures sure look better on glossy paper than 800x600 on the Internet.

Originally Posted by Mig
And I can right-click, too. Could be me.
No, I don't think it's you Mig. It's more likely me. I'm a lousy retoucher, and I've already practically confessed! Look at my earlier post somewhere, where I ask Vikki if I can steal her portfolio, green with envy. I am a Trekkie and have the mind of an 11 year old! (A friend of mine suggested 9...)

But I don't have a web site and I'm not particularly obsessed with water marks, so I might be wrong. Besides I hate beer. (But love red wine...) Perhaps it's not me after all!

Hey, I'm a Senior Member! Passed 100 posts! Yay!

All other jokes aside, I think I'll stick to my original intent of laughing until this pathetic creature shrivels up and disappears. He/she/it has actually provided us with quite a bit of entertainment, right? The clueless can be quite amusing.

Hey Image Stealer, more funny posts please!?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Restoration