RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How to achieve the "vogue"-style

Old 08-28-2006, 09:22 AM

looking at the images

To be honest, you have to start with a better image if you hope to really pull something out of it in post. I am not just talking about better lighting or better photography, also better model and better makeup. You wont get the vogue look without a significant investment into the basics. This image is dark, perhaps a poor use of light, and the model is far less than stellar. The army top counts as bad styling, which honestly affects the viewers overall perception of the image. Its from a solid foundation that you can let post do its magic.

dennison bertram
Prague Photography services
www.dennisonbertram.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2006, 05:41 PM

Re: How to achieve the "vogue"-style

Nancy: can you describe what you did your version of the pic? was this mostly an increased contrast with curves layer?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2006, 12:50 AM

Re: looking at the images

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisnob
To be honest, you have to start with a better image if you hope to really pull something out of it in post. I am not just talking about better lighting or better photography, also better model and better makeup. You wont get the vogue look without a significant investment into the basics. This image is dark, perhaps a poor use of light, and the model is far less than stellar. The army top counts as bad styling, which honestly affects the viewers overall perception of the image. Its from a solid foundation that you can let post do its magic.
Agreed!

Totally OT: dennison, welcome to the forum. I saw your DIY ring flash article the other day. Great idea - I have to try it out! Thanks :-)

/megl
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching