RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Improve My new daughter' pictures...

Old 08-26-2005, 12:20 PM

Smile My new daughter...

Matilda was born last week and I have a couple of photos that I'd like in black & white ofr some frames I have.

Any help or pointer with them would be gratefully received. I have Photoshop, Virtual Photographer and a lack of ability!

Here is link to the smugmug gallery which should allow access to full size images.

Matilda

I have attempted two, and the third seems to work just with a monochrome convert and crop.

BTW the crop required is 8"x10".

Thanks for any pointers...

Simon
http://gladwell.smugmug.com/photos/33590518-Th.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2005, 01:14 PM

Gosh, What a beautiful baby - I love the babies and that new baby smell - I really miss a past career when I used to work in a neonatal ICU ........ unfortunately they grow up too fast and become teens, which puts a whole new perspective on why some animals eat their young.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2005, 02:52 PM

Hi there, Simon

The fourth photo is a real beauty.
Small hand wrapped around daddy's finger - came out fine.
Real hard to get much better - just one thing though, remember that a B/W (greyscale) photo often looks better with some sort of tone applied. Can't try from here but I'd imagine a tinge of some warm colour might just add something interesting.

Just a question, your other posts mentioned PSP 8 and 9, and now you mention Photoshop - do you have them all?

Congratulations

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2005, 05:31 AM

I have PSP 9, bought my Aunt PSP 8 a while ago, and I can use Photoshop on a colleagues machine at work (for a few minutes a day). Most people seem more familiar with Photoshop so I thought I may be able convert the steps to PSP!

Thanks for the tint hint. When I print out on my Epson C60 I get a distinct blue tone anyway - I am working on getting the colour balance right to stop that - but a good idea to try intentionally.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching