RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Skintones

Old 09-04-2005, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaatu Baradda
Hi Tre,
Thanks for the props. If you're interested, here's the methods we used.

As you can see we replaced the background using a solid color and then applying Lighting Effects (2 light sources). The first real challenge was the harsh shadow on the left of the model. We removed it by creating a layer mask (with the new background showing through).

The other challenges were the eye-shadow makeup (too harsh for a glamour shot) and the parting of her lips which gave her an almost snarling expression. We painted the lips closed (sampling color from the image on the fly), emphasized the irises of her eyes (dodge/burning), lightened the whites (dodge), and used the Clone Stamp Tool set to Color to change the color of her eye-shadow makeup to her natural skintone (referencing her cheek color).

We used the Patch Tool to eliminate blemishes and irregular wrinkles around her neck. For the softening of her skin we duplicated the background and used Gaussian Blur (7.5 pix) then created a layer mask and painted (white soft brush) in the mask avoiding any lines or edges of the model (staying within the large areas of her skin). This layer was set to 75% Opacity. This is a common method among glamour retouchers for softening skin and eliminating rough or irregular areas (and splotchiness) while still keeping the tone and texture. It also gives the model's skin an added glow.

We spent about 45 minutes on this and with more time would have focused on widening the mouth and making the transition of the mask better. Of course, a higher resolution photo would have helped with the masking. This was just too low to make a really convincing extraction or mask.
I'll try one using your method too, thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2005, 08:31 PM

Here's another one....

I brightened this one up a bit....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg retouch2.jpg (44.2 KB, 53 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2005, 07:16 AM

Talking

Here's a quick one I done.
I duplicated the layer and put a slight blur on it, I then masked over the parts that I needed to stay sharp. Adjusted the hue/saturation, then removed some of the slight blemishes with the healing tool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model.jpg (76.5 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by AndrewR; 09-05-2005 at 07:25 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching