RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

High-end digital retoucher in NYC

Old 10-25-2005, 05:32 PM

Nancy, Sure take any picture off my site and send me PSD. That would be great. I'll be waiting.
Now a Perfect example of what I am talking about is what Pixel just post. There are thousand of those types of post (no-offense pixel) But they are not quite like the Dragan..This one is way to green, She looks like a martian.
Beside I already gave that shot a "treatment" so treating it more will just make it go too contrasty.
You cannot even get the name right (nancy). You have posted it everytime spelled differently. I think your mind is somewhere else at the moment
The offer still is there. Take a picture off my site like Pixel did and let's see what you got baby

Awaiting your PSD. a long with several 100 others awaiting.

Sn@@k
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2005, 05:34 PM

Nancy, while I remember - pvt.mes

Ian
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2005, 05:40 PM

sure, the sample is like any other, but maybe you are not shooting in the same way as dragan? - its how this post started, about working on images that need a little push, rather than an overhaul.

I admit the shoot looks a little green - embeded the RGB profile when saved, looks bad in a browser - I loose ten points. LOL

Ian
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2005, 05:48 PM

You do not lose 10 points from me.. Thanks for trying...
I am not in here to waste my time arguing. I just want to learn.. What a beautiful thing.. Learning.
Well maybe some others will join in. If Nancy would just post her PSD, I guess we could move on to another technique.

Thanks for the people willing to share.
I have learned a lot thanks to forums like these, That is why I never shun people trying. We all can learn from the mistakes which is fun too.

By the way , I am not looking for any easy way out action. I am way to advanced for that and know all to well that actions work on some pictures and not on a lot more. I would like to see the theory on how to get these types of skin tones and saturation effect. As well as the dodging & burning techniques.
Thanks to this very post I learned another dodging technique that I have never seen on any other forum.
Thank you.
Sn@@k
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2005, 05:48 PM

on further inspection....

Recording of the "creation history" of a selected photo - a set of consecutive intermediate steps from a raw photo to its final version recorded in a set of high quality digital files + exhaustive explanation of the technique details and all the applied tricks + answering all your questions concerning the details of the techniqe 300 EUR / 400 USD.

From dragan's website,

Why not just buy his technique...

With all the hundreds of posts of people wanting to replicate him it would only cost a dollar each if you all chip in...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2005, 05:51 PM

By the way this post got started out by conrad saying hello. This is in the retoucher classifed section I think..
He was reaching out and wanted to see what came back. Well a lot so far has come back...
Thanks conrad...
Sn@@k
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2005, 05:52 PM

Conrad what a talented chap you are, now tell me how do you make mouse overs work, i tried it once, and gave up LOL!

But amazing website, fun too!

Ella
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2005, 06:01 PM

That is Old... He is traveling now, Maybe he is back now, But I do not think he is still teaching his technique. Beleive me I tried. I had many conversations with him in the past through e-mail. He lives in Poland and I think through e-mails it would be difficult. He was in NY recently and I was going to try and see him but I got a trip to Brazil and could not go to NY. Plus you would need several sessions for sure. I am sure there are people who did work with him, But Like many others they are probably not going to spill there Knowledge easily.
Also would like to add that his whole concept is what makes "his" images special, not only the PS work. He has a Great idea in his mind and transfers it to print. He Liquifies people eyes limbs etc.. to make that picture some what odd? Kinda of Like this Girl. who also has great color rendition. But makes the Kids a little creepy for some. I think it is Brilliant. And I have two Loving Daughters that I would do anything for. Some people are a little more opened minded then others.
Check out her site..
http://www.lorettalux.de/

Now I would love to get those type of skin tones as well.
Maybe Nancy can come up with that one as well. And I could get a 2 for 1 deal here...

Sn@@k
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2005, 06:10 PM

Yes CONRAD you are really talented!! I will double that Idea.
I just saw some more of your stuff. You are maticulis (sp) Like me. I go through pore by pore but try to keep some texture in the skin. You do that very well. Especially seeing the B&Afters helps people to understand the great work you do. And that there is no action for that. Cloning is Cloning , No action available for that...
Nice job.
Sn@@k
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2005, 12:49 AM

Whilst I could take any image from your site and emulate dragans style there would be no point. As I said, provide a before and after of an image that you think perfectly represents the style and I will match it complete with a psd of the workflow and instructions. Most of the images from your site are unsuitable for this type of work anyway - they are shot in a completely different way and are a different style. Whatever I provide for you, you will be unsatisfied and say it is not right, and probably not give a reason for what is wrong.
To take one of your befores and give it the 'Dragan' treatment would be a waste of tiem without an 'after' shot for comparison.
You say you are here to learn, but you're not interested in listening to anything anyone has to say.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching