RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Photo Retouching (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-retouching/)
-   -   Grass Color Change needed (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-retouching/11627-grass-color-change-needed.html)

tsavoie 09-25-2005 09:01 PM

Grass Color Change needed

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
I'm still new to PS7 but am attempting to touch up some senior pictures of my daughter. I've used some excellent advice on skin smoothing from this forum already, thanks alot! However, this one has me stumped. This picture, taken on grass in front of a river, shows an square of discolored grass around her. I cropped the picture for this forum but it's quite visible in front and going around the back of her. What's the best way to correct the color of the grass to match the rest?

Cassidy 09-25-2005 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Easiest way is to create a new blank layer and using the colour picker, select an area of green in the background and then using approx a 27% opacity, paint the foreground dead looking grass

Panpan 09-25-2005 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You have a choice of techniques. You can use Cassidy's method , the clone tool or a feathered layer of green grass copied over the brown.

I used the patch tool in this case.

Pierre

Cassidy 09-25-2005 09:55 PM

Pierre, yours looks far more natural

12fretter 09-25-2005 10:15 PM

Grass

1 Attachment(s)
I added a saturation layer and GREATLY oversaturated the image. Then masked off the entire image, change to a brush and white to paint the saturation just on the grass. Now back the saturation off and change the hue on the layer adjustment till it looks like what you want.

Duv 09-25-2005 10:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The image looked a little flat to me so I pumped up the contrast a bit in the L channel.

Filter>Pattern Maker. Selected area of light grass behind girl, saved pattern then "canceled" filter. Selected brown grass area. Tools>Pattern Clone, selected pattern and painted over selected area. Change opacity to suit.

Cheers

Dave

Nanls 09-25-2005 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I duped the original layer and then added another empty layer on top. I selected the healing tool checked on "use all layers" mode: "replace" and use the healing tool to fill in the grass on the new layer, sampling from the dupped layer. From there I lowered the oppacity of the top layer to 93% and merged layers. From here you can saturated or make a number of color changes if you like.
~nancy~

Duv 09-25-2005 11:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's another rendition. Same contrast builder as before and used Replace Color after selecting the grass as per selection mask.

Dave

realaqu 09-26-2005 12:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my work

realaqu

Nanls 09-26-2005 01:10 AM

Tsavoie

Tsavoie, Maybe I misinterpreted the request. You stated," This picture, taken on grass in front of a river, shows an square of discolored grass around her." And then ask, "What's the best way to correct the color of the grass to match the rest?" I believe the end result you are seeking is to make the discolored strips of grass match the rest of the grass???? yes? no?
~Nancy~ :pleased: